• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Pipe bombs, rifles found in car stopped in New Haven, CT

Pipe bombs, rifles found in car stopped in Conn.
The Associated Press
Updated: 10/07/2009 12:42:22 AM EDT

NEW HAVEN, Conn.—Police say they've stopped a car full of explosives in a Connecticut residential area.
They say the car was carrying pipe bombs, rifles and a propane tank when they stopped it Tuesday night in New Haven, one of the state's largest cities. They say they've closed off a four-block area because of the danger posed by the explosives but haven't evacuated it.

The bomb squad has been called in. There have been no reports of injuries.

Police spokesman Joseph Avery says he doesn't know if anyone was arrested.

Hopefully it wasn't a NESer going to the range with a couple tubs of tannerite and a empty propane can for fun.

Hopefully it wasn't a NESer going to the range with a couple tubs of tannerite and a empty propane can for fun.
Yeah, any given day on the way to the range, and I've got an SUV of mass destruction waiting to make a headline.[laugh]

(though I don't shoot things that explode, but the liberal media would surely be frightened of the "arsenal")

Ditto....

Work downtown, just had a business dinner on state street. Wonder where it happened. I have a decent view from the office and am sure it wasn't around the downtown.

Back
Top Bottom