• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Pinning Muzzle Devices

Hey Y'all,

New to the state and looking to bring my rifle (AR) from back home. I know RI has no AWB, but my buddy said a FFL told him that threaded muzzles are a no go. Looked through the laws and couldn't find anything about muzzle devices or threaded muzzles. Will I need to pin it or am I good to go?

IANAL but if you're in RI I believe you don't have to worry about threaded muzzles and muzzle devices but if you're in ma. you need to pin and weld a muzzle device on and nothing that is classified as a flash hider is supposed to be on there.
There is also more BS like the bayonet lug etc.
Take a look under the Ma. laws section if you're in Ma.

IANAL but if you're in RI I believe you don't have to worry about threaded muzzles and muzzle devices but if you're in ma. you need to pin and weld a muzzle device on and nothing that is classified as a flash hider is supposed to be on there.
There is also more BS like the bayonet lug etc.
Take a look under the Ma. laws section if you're in Ma.

In RI for the foreseeable future. Thanks for the info!

You do NOT need to pin the muzzle device unless your barrel is less than 16" and it is a rifle.

The only time a permanent attached muzzle device (could be flash or muzzle break) is if the barrel length is 14.5", bringing the total up to 16" as Newport stated.

If you plan on getting a MA non-res LTC and plan on shooting there with pre-ban mags then you would need to pin the stock/ muzzle and then your G2G.

Back
Top Bottom