• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Pinning a collapsible stock

I am considering a move back to CT and have heard that a stock that is collapsible can be "pinned" to convert it to a fixed stock configuration. Anyone do this care to explain how it must be done to conform to CT laws?

Thanks!

Drill a hole through the bottom rib of the stock into the rib of the reciever extension. Make sure the hole does not go all the way through. Then drive a roll pin into that hole and cover with a litttle epoxy. Repeat that step in another place on the stock. Now it is double blind pinned and good to go.

epoxy is important, I drilled and pinned a MOE stock and after running 300 rounds through it at a carbine match the pin worked it's way out.

You might want to take this opportunity to fit the rifle with a fixed stock. They generally give you a better cheek weld, at least compared to the standard style collapsible.

if you are looking for something that looks a little better than a standard A2 stock check out the VLTOR rifle modstock.
It is not collapsible so its legal as is.

Here is one on my gun. This is actually a pre-ban, non-colt lower so a folding stock would be legal on this gun, but I just like this stock a lot.

Don
IMG_3836.jpg

DSC_2119.jpg

if you are looking for something that looks a little better than a standard A2 stock check out the VLTOR rifle modstock.

Dude![bow] that is really sweet, thanks for the idea, I think I found the new buttocks for my carbine. It's like no shooter left behind[smile]

Bahaha, you must have read my mind, I recently trimmed 4 inches off my beard, the last carbine match I shot was quite pain full with all the pulling of the beard.

Back
Top Bottom