Pinned flash hider - ease to switch out?

I suppose a drill press could take care of that, i suppose that you want to change it out tom something else? or that you live in a state that isn't MA.

Can also dremel down all the way through it on two side and crack it off like a peanut. Drill press would work better though just drill slowly so as not to go to deep.

I think the bigger issue is if it is silver soldered also. I was thinking about this for an upper I just got. Was thinking about swapping the gas block and using a flip up front sight instead of the gvt issue looking one.

It depends on how it was done. Sometimes there two pins, sometimes the welds are deep.

If you lucky, you can simply grind off the weld over the pin and it should just fall out. Then you can just unscrew the muzzle device. Usually it is not this easy, and you have to do what others have said, which is split the thing like a log.

Remsport Mfg can remove the old muzzle device and clean your threads and pin and weld a new device for you for a little as $75.00 not including the muzzle device. We can also cut off the device and deap recess target crown your barrel if it is at least 16" after cutting Visit Remsport Mfg. in the dealer forum on NES

Back
Top Bottom