• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Pin/Welding Service - Newburyport

Hello everyone,

Is there anyone who can either do a permanent weld to a muzzle break or do a pin/blind weld near Newburyport? Not looking to have to drop off my upper and would prefer it to be done on the spot. Are there any gunsmiths or stores up my way that do this or individuals on the forum.

Thank you for any help.

No, red Locktite is NOT permanent. With a little heat, it will release if you want it to.

Your argument is flawed. A weld blob connecting a compensator and the barrel is in no way more permanent than red locktite. No way to truly make something "permanent" nor is that word defined in MGL. A little too much paranoia amongst us.

Your argument is flawed. A weld blob connecting a compensator and the barrel is in no way more permanent than red locktite. No way to truly make something "permanent" nor is that word defined in MGL. A little too much paranoia amongst us.
Really not much is really permanent if you want to look at it the way you are. All I am saying, after being a mechanic most of my life, if you use red, blue, or green locktite, or any other special application locktite, the hold can be reversed a lot more easily than cutting a weld spot off a part. I am not looking to get into a pissing match over how Webster defines permanent, I just answered a question in my opinion between Locktite and a weld. The muzzle brake on my AR15 was micro welded at Pullman Arms, and they did a beautiful job.

Dimpled Hitler made that all moot. The gun is illegal per her edict (weld or not). Now if you concerned about add on charges I get it.

No, red Locktite is NOT permanent. With a little heat, it will release if you want it to.

lol nobody knows what permanent is under mgl.... a pin and weld really isn't either it's like 10 minutes with a Dremel in that thing is off... that's not permanent either

lol nobody knows what permanent is under mgl.... a pin and weld really isn't either it's like 10 minutes with a Dremel in that thing is off... that's not permanent either

Knowing that our state is a shit show, couldn't one assume that the BAFTE 'approved' methods would suffice for the state level as I assume they know how a dremel works as well.

Northeast Arms in Peabody. Fast, quality service.

I had them pin a 14.5 BCM barrel, nice job. Call ahead if you think you may want to wait for it.

You can also check out State Line Guns Ammo in Plaistow, NH, he does a nice job as well, but you will need to drop it off.

Good morning, sir, welcome to Rod And Gun Club. Please sign in and let me inspect your muzzle device to make sure it's permanently attached.

Said no one ever.

I don't see how there would ever be an argument over how permanent "permanent" is unless you're already in deeeep doo-doo.

Back
Top Bottom