pin shooting

greencobra

NES Member
Been trying to find where they hold pin shoots, cruising the competition section but I only see listing for west and south of Boston. Way west and south. Do they shoot pins at Harvard? Never saw it listed I don't think. I come from the woburn area. Now were getting close to that lay off date I figure I could expend some energy with a new shooting endeavor.

Here is another hurray for the pin shoots at Country Pond Fish and Game in Newton, NH. Great group of folks and they run a great shoot either indoors or outdoors.

Worcester pistol & rifle has a pin shoot once a month.

Just attended yesterday. Good time.

A little bit from Woburn, but the club is very close to Rt. 290, so almost all highway traveling. Usually starts around noon and done around 2:30 depending on how many shooters. Last two for October and November. Check their calender at: http://www.wprclub.com/?q=calendar

Jay

Thanks, I will look into some of these. Never done any pin or plate shooting before and seriously want to do it. Did shoot IPSC back in the day (with not much success). Kind of intimidated though, going to the first one.

Thanks, I will look into some of these. Never done any pin or plate shooting before and seriously want to do it. Did shoot IPSC back in the day (with not much success). Kind of intimidated though, going to the first one.

If you shot IPSC "back in the day" then you should not be intimidated to got to a pin and/or plate shoot. No foot movement and is a good case where slow hits beat fast misses. [grin]

If you shot IPSC "back in the day" then you should not be intimidated to got to a pin and/or plate shoot. No foot movement and is a good case where slow hits beat fast misses. [grin]
Yah, man! Too big, too old to move now. But just that fear and intimidation factor holds me back now, as well as thinking I had to travel 50 miles to get to a shoot. I'll get over the fear factor.[thumbsup]

Mass rifle does a centerfire rifle pin shoot. Check their calendar on line.

I used to do pin shoots where the pins were on the front edge of a 4 ft deep table. You had to get the pin off the table. Slow was fast because a glancing blow would knock the pin over and then it was a BITCH to hit.

I used a .44 magnum and it was a blast. The pin would FLY if I hit it right.

At mass rifle, the pins are just set on 2x4s so pretty much anything that will tip a pin over is fine.

Don

I just did my first pin shoot on Thursday at Country pond Fish and Game in Newton, NH. More fun than should be allowed by law. They run a really good shoot, and it's not too far from Woburn. They're done indoors until January, but have 2 more Outdoor shoots coming up.

Here's the link for their pin shoots:
http://www.countrypondfishandgameclub.com/pins.html

Didn't know this was right in my backyard. I'll see you there when I (hopefully) get my LTC!

Will 9mm be sufficient? Sold the only 45 I had [sad]
Sounds like a good time. Only paper at my range...gets boring
Might be pushing the envelope a little with the 9 but it'd be fun to try, no? I'd give it a go with ya sometime. Name of the game is fun for now, getting competitive and winning....next week. Lol

As I said earlier, my first pin shoot last week. I ran both my XDm's (9mm and .45). Shot clean with the 9mm, missed a couple with the .45. I'm running 124g plated @ 1090 fps.

Will 9mm be sufficient? Sold the only 45 I had [sad]
Sounds like a good time. Only paper at my range...gets boring

depends on how full of lead the club lets the pins get. when i ran them and didn't have pins you could barely move the damn things with a 9mm but when we had plenty i used to shoot them with my browning hi-power.

depends on how full of lead the club lets the pins get. when i ran them and didn't have pins you could barely move the damn things with a 9mm but when we had plenty i used to shoot them with my browning hi-power.

It also depends on if you need to knock them over off a 2x4 or need to clear them from a 4 ft deep table. The way Mass Rifle runs them, a hi vel .22 would be fine because they are balanced on a 2x4.

Don

Back
Top Bottom