PIN# not accepted

mpd61

NES Member
Today at IDC I was purchasing a firearm. My LTC Class A is new this year, with no fingerprint. My Pin# was not accepted by the computer system. Do I need to contact Chelsea, or my local P.D. to straighten this out? Ted says the Local PD but I'm thinking Chelsea. Anybody run into this yet?
[thinking]

I think that there's two different PIN's. One that comes along with your LTC for some reason and one that you have to send off for. The one that you need to send off for is the one that's needed for transactions at the store. I may be wrong and if I am then someone here will correct me.

ETA: After looking into it, I think the one that came with your LTC is for the finger print problem and the other I mentioned is for NICS delays. As for where you should go to fix it, I'm sorry but I don't know.

Last edited:
Today at IDC I was purchasing a firearm. My LTC Class A is new this year, with no fingerprint. My Pin# was not accepted by the computer system. Do I need to contact Chelsea, or my local P.D. to straighten this out? Ted says the Local PD but I'm thinking Chelsea. Anybody run into this yet?
[thinking]

"Ted" was right. Call your local PD. They didn't give you the right pin or it was not activated. The latter is VERY common.

I just learned that when you renew your LTC, not only do they issue you a different lic #, but the pin is different too.

Back
Top Bottom