• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

pin and welded (supressor/hider)

if i want to purchase a firearm that has from the factory a threaded barrel with a suppressor/hider i know i can get it pinned and welded and now it is all legal so my question is.

do any state FFLs do this from the gecko...as in i buy the rifle and at the FFL it is pinned and welded.....so i dont have to buy a new barrel and have it done after thought?

if anyone cares im thinking of the M&M M-10 AK variant and it has a hider out of box....

thanks in advance guys!

it is more of a muzzel break....its not a true hider or suppresor...in my understanding....but i believe as long as it is pinned and welded..non threaded it was good to go..minus suppressor...because if it is pined and welded it is just part of the barrel now...not a feature?

if i want to purchase a firearm that has from the factory a threaded barrel with a suppressor/hider i know i can get it pinned and welded and now it is all legal so my question is.

do any state FFLs do this from the gecko...as in i buy the rifle and at the FFL it is pinned and welded.....so i dont have to buy a new barrel and have it done after thought?

if anyone cares im thinking of the M&M M-10 AK variant and it has a hider out of box....

thanks in advance guys!

First, not all muzzle devices are legal in Mass, if it's marketed foremost as a flash hider, it's likely illegal. You want something marketed as a compensator.

So if the M-10 has a device on it already, i'd google that particular device to see if it's Mass compliant, if not, you have to replace it with something that is.

As for which dealers will pin/weld for you from the get-go (not 'gecko'), the FFL would either have to be a licensed gunsmith/manufacturer, or have one that they can farm the job out to. I know Northeast Arms and the Armory will do this for you, I'm sure there are others. you can also buy the rifle in NH (or have it shipped to NH) and have a gunsmith do it for you before bringing it into Mass.

it is more of a muzzel break....its not a true hider or suppresor...in my understanding....but i believe as long as it is pinned and welded..non threaded it was good to go..minus suppressor...because if it is pined and welded it is just part of the barrel now...not a feature?

Flash hider pinned or no is a no no. It has to be a comp or a brake. The pinned part comes from the 'no threaded barrel' part of the law.

thanks in advance guys!

Don't know where you're located, but, 1776 in Walpole can handle the transfer and make it legal before you take possession. Don is also real good at knowing what's legal in the state. DAMHIK [laugh]

So is the BCM Gunfighter Mod 0 comp ok in Mass? I misunderstood this requirement and always thought it had to be called a straight up brake with no reference to reducing flash. Description from the site "It was designed for tactical applications to reduce muzzle rise, flash signature, noise, and lateral pressure."

clearly advertised as a muzzle brake for the firearm not a "hider"
It appears the firearm in question comes standard with the "M+M Chaos AK Muzzle Brake $24.95" so it seems that pinning and welding that device (to eliminate the thread-ability of the barrel) would be what is required to make the muzzle brake permanent and thus compliant.

You might ask M+M to do the pin & weld prior to shipping for you and then ensure you and your FFL where it is being recieved are on the same page. And that they have whatever documentation they would need to be satisfied.

So is the BCM Gunfighter Mod 0 comp ok in Mass? I misunderstood this requirement and always thought it had to be called a straight up brake with no reference to reducing flash. Description from the site "It was designed for tactical applications to reduce muzzle rise, flash signature, noise, and lateral pressure."
According to 1776, who pinned mine, yes it is good to go because of its construction. The end is within the range it is allowed to be in order to be a comp/break and not a flash hider.

clearly advertised as a muzzle brake for the firearm not a "hider"

I inquired on this from M+M and this is what they told me.

The Muzzle brake is a Brake and a Flash hider combo. But it is not a compensator. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. Thank You

Respectfully,

Rusty Montoya
Production Manager
M + M, Inc.

Back
Top Bottom