Pin and Weld Muzzle Break

Big Buzzy

NES Member
Who's a good gunsmith in southeastern ma to pin and weld a muzzle break on an AR ??? Looking for a recomendation

why don't we have a sticky with every damn smith listed in the new england area, divided into quadrants and sub-divided based on the larger cities for each new england state? i say we used those tried and true directional headings based on the metro-north, south, east and west system. asking for a friend.

best recommendation is to drill a hole in the brake, put it on with a blue loctite, then fill the hole with a 50/50 solder alloy and stop worrying about it.

What I would do is drill through the brake then find a pin that just fills each hole, then glue or weld the pin into the brake...

Put a weld on the end of the brake that will make it look like it's actually welded to the barrel...

Walaa, you have a brake that looks like it's pinned and welded but you know that you can still take it off...

Now let me say I am not a Lawyer or anyone that can tell you if that is in any shape or form Legal to do and if you do it you didn't hear it from me... [rofl] [slap] [rofl2]

Humm now that I wrote this it sounds like a good experiment... [pot][rules]

Just an FYI, faxon, others, make integral and factory pin+weld barrels with breaks, flash hiders, etc. Many muzzle devices like that come slim so a solid gas block fits over, others you can use a split block.

There isn't much reason to buy an upper then do a pin/weld. The integral ones are really sweet. Just pick your upper and pick your barrel separately.

The above are oos at faxon, but typically they are in stock at actual retailers and cheaper there anyway. And that's just one brand who offers similar.

I would like to give a Big Shout-Out to Dave Santurri. I would also like to thank those on this Forum for pointing me to him.
Daves price was very fair, his turn-around was excellent and his work was high quality. Now for my rant! I believe it's ridiculous that we have to do this, especially when starting with a 16 inch barrel!!! I can somewhat understand the requirement when starting with a sub 16 inch barrel and adding a comp to hit the 16 inch requirement. I'll leave it there. But, go see Dave it you need this done.

Attachments

• IMG_8932.jpg
    IMG_8932.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_8933.jpg
    IMG_8933.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 50
Now for my rant! I believe it's ridiculous that we have to do this, especially when starting with a 16 inch barrel!!!
I think there’s plenty of gun owners in MA who don’t bother with this. It’s all about how risk averse you are. You’ve done f***ed up if a cop or DA is inspecting the features on your AR.

**I am not a lawyer and not recommending people to not follow the law/AWB in MA**

why don't we have a sticky with every damn smith listed in the new england area, divided into quadrants and sub-divided based on the larger cities for each new england state? i say we used those tried and true directional headings based on the metro-north, south, east and west system. asking for a friend.
Awesome idea, you should implement it. Thank you.

When it NEEDS to be utilized, none of that will matter.

Which do you think is more likely to happen in the actual/predicatable/forseeable future--that a savage and lawless Boog Time will be upon the land and you can gleefully rock your illegal SBR consequence free, or B) that your spiteful girlfriend, ex-wife, co-worker, or neighbor will drop a dime on you and then your life gets unnecessarily complicated (and extravagantly expensive legally) because you decided to f*** around and find out about Federal firearms laws?

I'll take my answer off the air.

Back
Top Bottom