• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Pigs are flying, the Devil is ice skating, and I Finally bought a GLOCK!

Welcome to Club Glock ... I keep my 22 right beside the rest of my remote controls...

IMG_0084.jpg

I've only cleaned my G34 once after its first range trip. Since then I haven't cleaned or lubed it in 4 years and over 25k rounds. I'm basically never going to clean or oil it. I'm honestly just curious how long it'll go until it has a failure.

I keep my other Glocks clean and oiled as they are all carry/home defense guns (though it's obvious I don't need to [smile]).

Check my ETA. I went to the safe and it is indeed a 3rd Gen. You were right. The 30 and 36 are 2.5

Most of the 'bastard children" Gen 2.5s are .45 ACPs, and 10mms.

Of course the G26/27/33 are perpetual bastard children, but I don't count those because even Glock figured out that putting a rail on a gun that small is ghey.

-Mike

I was thinking about joining the club too. I recently picked up some preban G17 mags because I wanted the Sub2000 that accepts those mags, but that seems to be on perpetual backorder around here. I was thinking that if I don't end up with the Keltec, then I'm going to have to pick up a G17 to use these mags so they don't go to waste in my safe.[wink] Even though I don't really like the aesthetics of the Glocks, I have to admit they are a proven reliable gun, so I'm sure I wouldn't regret having one in the collection.[smile]

Nice! Congrats! I love 1911's, but I also own a G17c and a G36. I love my Glocks.

...and I haven't cleaned or lubed either of them. Thousands of rounds through the G17c. Probably 600 or so through the G36. The G17c probably needs a cleaning soon, though, as the last time I took it to the range it had a few FTF's.

Dibs on his other guns when the Glock explodes and kills him!

Dude...[slap]

Derek, I knew I could count on you.

Do you think the handgrenade reputation on this forum for Glock migh be because you people don't clean them???

It's excessively reloaded ammunition or head setback, either way it's an excess of pressure from the round itself (or a weak case that won't handle it), combine that with a non-fully supported chamber & polymer frame and well...you know. Having said that, IDC...I still believe Glock is one of the finest & most reliable handgun platforms out there, use properly manufactured ammo that hasn't been rechambered a dozen or so times and you'll be just fine. BTW, H&K's & Smith's are two other polymer handguns I've seen personally KB.

To all you guys who said you you don't clean your GLOCKS..... I believe it. They don't shoot well enough to need cleaning.

See my new thread. Buying a Glock is like snipe hunting.

Back
Top Bottom