• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Pies

colt_fan

NES Member
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Why does every thread have to turn into something about or cat or dog?

Apple pie is the best. My MIL makes a good pie too but one time before I was married she had me over for dinner and three of her five cats were on the counter preening themselves next to the pie and when dessert arrived there were cat hairs in my pie.[puke]

I only eat there when it is pool weather and I can watch the cooking on the grill.[wink]

Sorry about the threadjack my friend. Back to the show.

FPrice

Retired Zoomie
NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
I make a terrific double layer Pumpkin Pie. Whipped cream mixed with cream cheese over a pumpkin and vanilla pudding mix.

Yummy!

FormerlyIndifferent

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like key lime pie & blueberry pie. Pecan pie is the nuts. Apple of course, as well. Cherry too but it's not my 1st choice. I probably like others, too, but can't think of them offhand.

And I'll out myself.....I actually miss McDonald's "fried" pies.....apple, blueberry, & cherry.

dustoff22

NES Member
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
And I'll out myself.....I actually miss McDonald's "fried" pies.....apple,
The 'new' McDonald's pies suck in comparison to the old ones. The old ones were really good.

Apple pie is my specialty. I created a crust that kind of mimics the taste of shortbread. It actually is superb. Trouble is, a warm out-of-the-oven pie with a small scoop of vanilla and some cheddar cheese is gone within a day in my house. It's not friendly to my waistline!IMG_1701.jpeg

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0

1. Hmmm. Gonna have to try that. Next to the Co-Op, right?

2. Flaky pies at home require 2 things. Well, 3. Cold cold cold ass butter. LARD in addition to butter. Some sort of spirits (applejack, vodka, etc.,) in place of the water.

3. What's your relation to the place?? Just drove by or your sister or you or worst enemy or what?

Dammit. Now I'm hungry. And cheat day isn't until Super Bowl Sunday. :(

kelton

NES Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
1. Hmmm. Gonna have to try that. Next to the Co-Op, right?

2. Flaky pies at home require 2 things. Well, 3. Cold cold cold ass butter. LARD in addition to butter. Some sort of spirits (applejack, vodka, etc.,) in place of the water.

3. What's your relation to the place?? Just drove by or your sister or you or worst enemy or what?

Dammit. Now I'm hungry. And cheat day isn't until Super Bowl Sunday. :(
Wife went, don't know about the "Co-Op"

No relation, somewhat local and was on Phantom Gourmet

I recommend the Chorizo & Rice, the chicken was good too

Haven't had the sweet pies... yet [wink]

Top Bottom