• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Pictures posting sideways and pictures via camera up load not working

mac1911

NES Member
My pictures up load sideways now and I can no longer get pictures to up load using the take photo function?

Using an Ipad, I take the picture, save it and if it's sideways, I edit it and rotate it.

My pictures up load sideways now and I can no longer get pictures to up load using the take photo function?

I tweaked a couple things in the background that got missed during an upgrade - can you try again?

I have had problems with photos posting upside down for years. I take pics with my phone rotated CLOCKWISE 90 degrees off vertical.

I recently learned from a guy at the apple store that native "right side up" for the iphone is rotated COUNTERCLOCKWISE. When you take a photo any other way the camera sets a bit that tells wherever you send it what way was up. But if the receiving app doesn't apply the correction the photo will be oriented wrong.

So like I said, I've had this problem for years. eBay, Gunbroker, NES. So I started taking pics with the phone rotated counterclockwise and all my problems went away.

Don

Odd, when I take a pic in portrait mode (i phone,) it posts sideways. It's not the pic, it's the forum software. This is the only place it happens. Can't edit the pic once it's posted either. Only happens with the phone or tablet. Weird.

Back
Top Bottom