1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

Pictures From The Oath Keepers Rally on Lexington Green

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by MassBites, Apr 19, 2009.

1. MassBites

MassBites

Some of our NES participants may still be in Stowe Massachusetts where the "after rally" meeting took place. I couldn't make it. I wanted to go, but I had planned to stock up on food supplies at the Commissary (went to Hanscomb AFB after the rally) and I just didn't think the frozen stuff would stay frozen if I continued to Snowe and stopped in for a pint or two.

It was a beautiful day on the Lexington Green. I would estimate the crowd to be somewhere in the neighborhood of 300 to 500 people. In attendance were AD military, some in uniform, but most were not. There were many veterans there; a number of which were disabled vets. I did not see many uniformed LEO's, but some may have attended in street clothes. And then there were people like me, civilians who have never served but are none the less, every bit as patriotic as the person standing next to one of us.

Second only to taking the oath which was administered to all of us by Capt. Larry Bailey, a former NAVY SEAL, a 27 year veteran, and who is also one of the founders of Gathering of Eagles the highlight of my day was to meet, shake the hand, and have a conversation with Marine Sgt, Dyer. I hope I'm spelling his name correctly.

Some of you may only recognize him in uniform addressing the camera, the bottom half of a skull disguising his identity on the YouTube video.

He told me that he was surprised that so many had seen the video. He said that he thought it might receive only a couple of hundred views at best. I told him that I had first seen the video when it was sent to me by Ignacius Piazza of Frontsight and he said that Dr. Piazza had also contacted him. No doubt he's probably been given a number of free courses if he ever makes his way to Nevada. At least I hope so.

Anyway, there was a pause and I think that Sgt. Dyer was waiting to hear what I thought of video. I told him that I wrote back to Dr. Piazza telling him that I had to fight back tears when I viewed it, and that as I watched it I thought to myself, "My god! He gets it!" Thats when he smiled and invited me to Stowe to discuss the Constitution. I really wish I could have made it.

Here are some pictures. If any of you NES'ers were there and wondering who I am, I was the short one wearing the red raincoat and sunglasses, carrying a small black knapsack and of course, a camera.

Just one last thing. It was such an honor to be standing among so many great men and women and to be able to raise my hand and take the oath right along side them, and on such sacred ground, and on such a momentous day.

I am definitely going to become active with the Oath Keepers. They are an awesome group of American Patriots.

[​IMG]
    I have NO idea what this guy was trying to say, but I took his picture anyway. [thinking]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 19, 2009
    1 person likes this.

2. MassBites

MassBites

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Sgt Dye on right

[​IMG]

3. MassBites

MassBites

4. MassBites

MassBites

5. MassBites

MassBites

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    LCDR. Gilles

[​IMG]
    Capt. Larry Bailey

1 person likes this.
  6. MassBites

MassBites

7. HKdrummer

HKdrummer

Those are some excellent photos!! I plan on getting my fat ass out to some of these as soon as possible. Perhaps Derek could add a new topic section much like the gun shows one, and label it freedom rallies!

8. MassBites

MassBites

9. HKdrummer

HKdrummer

wow great shot.....[iwojima]

10. MassBites

MassBites

The LCDR wanted to take his oath again at that monument to the fallen Minutemen. A pastor dressed in 1700's clothing re-administered it and then the LCDR asked the sailor if he would like to retake the oath as well. Being a good sailor he said, "Yes Sir," but I had the feeling he was a little nervous. Actually, I know he was shy because he told me so, and he told me that he was nervous about being filmed taking the oath again.

Being a good dooby, and wanting to help the poor guy out, I went around and told each cameraman that the sailor preferred not to be filmed. I believe they honored his wish. I hope they did. Anyway, the LCDR re-administered the oath to the sailor at the monument and it was a very poignant thing to see.

By the way, that sailor drove all the way from Groton, CT to attend. I don't know how far LCDR Gilles traveled. I do know that he was not from the area because he told me that this was only the second time he's been to MA.

11. terraformer

terraformer NES Member

Re: The Plague Doctor.
    Military are required to receive a large battery vaccines (then some more when deployed into particular regions of the world) and there are folks who think that these are causing illness and death. Unfortunately, even if they are right, not taking the vaccines and deploying to these regions would probably yield a greater number of deaths and serious illness. I am on the fence about the risk of vaccines. The drug companies don't have our best interests at heart, the FDA is completely broken when it comes to oversight and the medical establishment is so arrogant and entrenched with their own set of issues WRT improper incentives it is not clear who is telling the truth, if any of them.

12. Navy Moose

Navy Moose

Thank you for posting these photos, very moving.

My father is a pharmacist and has been one for over 50 years, he is strongly in favor of vaccinations. He remembers the polio outbreaks in the 50s, he had a number of childhood diseases during the 1940s which we are now vaccinated against.

13. Bruce for NH State Rep

Bruce for NH State Rep

Boston Globe lead paragraph:

14. Windstar

Windstar

Great day on the Lexington Green

I was wondering if the NES forum might have a few pics of the event. Nice photos. I even found myself and my friend in pic 16. :) It was an inspirational day.

15. MassBites

MassBites

Thank you, Terraformer for clearing that up. I had no clue what he was trying to convey. I do recall the controversy of administering vaccines prior to OIF and that many who refused to take them were Courts Martialed.

16. MassBites

MassBites

Serious?

17. MassBites

MassBites

Which one are you in picture 16? I was hoping I would catch a few NES'ers in my shots.

18. MassBites

MassBites

You're welcome, Navy Moose. [grin]

19. Big Daddy 45acp

Big Daddy 45acp Instructor

Thanks for the pictures!

I found myself in the top photo in your 2nd post.

Early on, I was fortunate enough to meet Mike Vanderboegh (Author of Absovled and "leader" of the 3%ers) and he invited me to sit next to him by the stage.

Second only to reaffirming my Oath, the chance to both hear and meet Sheriff Mack (successfully sued the Clinton Administration over the Brady Bill and State's Rights) and LCDR Cunnningham (Author of the infamous 29 Palms Survey). Both are gentlemen and the epitome of true Oath Keepers.

Word has it that LCDR Gilley is a Navy SEAL. Not confirmed, but by showing up and speaking in uniform, without Navy approval, shows that he has a pair of big brass ones.

Marine Sergeant Dyer was pleasant to meet and talk too.

Word I got through back channels stated that G. Gordon Liddy might make a surprise appearance, but that did not happen.
    I did run into Wayne Wong and several other NES'ers. I was the one in the Local 7 Ironworker's sweat shirt.

If you did not attend, you missed a great event.

20. MassBites

MassBites

Just found more. Are there any NES'es in these?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. MassBites

MassBites

Well there are a bunch o guys in that photo, which one are you?

I believe that's Sheriff Mack speaking in the last photo on post # 3

Yup! [grin]

22. SteelShooter

SteelShooter NES Member

Thanks for posting the pics, I am sorry I missed it, I had planned on attending, but, I had an argument with a razor knife this morning and spent 4 hours at Melrose wakefield hospital getting stitched up.

23. Big Daddy 45acp

Big Daddy 45acp Instructor

Seated, far left, blue hoodie, sunglasses and goatee.

24. MassBites

MassBites

Didn't your mother ever tell you that if you're going to have an argument with a razor knife you should bring a gun? [smile]

Seriously though, sorry to hear that. I hope you're not on too much pain.

1 person likes this.
  25. SteelShooter

SteelShooter NES Member

Not to hijack, but my wife claims it was gun related as I was trying to redesign a storage container to fit my gun cleaning equipment, knife slipped and sliced right across my palm. ouch! [crying] 14 stitches and some nerve damage to my middle finger (which is appropriate now, as I can't put it down form the 'saluting' position [smile] in honor of BHO). Thanks for asking.

26. MassBites

MassBites

Oh for crying out loud. I must have passed you a half dozen times.

The following has nothing to do with the Oath Keepers, but after the event I drove over to Hanscomb AFB to do a little grocery shopping and I parked my car next to this:

So cool!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

27. 6hold

6hold

[​IMG]

MassBites, thanks for posting the moving and excellent photos and narrative about that special day on the Lexington Green, it brought tears.​

28. mikem317

mikem317

Thanks for posting!

29. z0mbi

z0mbi

That's me, goatee, hat, ink on the neck, on the left.

30. Jose

Jose Guest

I did not see a SEAL badge on his chest above his decorations. If he was in uniform, I presume he was in full uniform. If he rates wearing the SEAL badge (or any other warfare specialty badge) and he is not, then he is out of uniform.