• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Picture posting question

How do you post pictures so the imeadiately show up? I have attached photos that you have to click on the little box that says (eg.) DSC00867.jpeg but I am looking for the immeadiate gratification of having the pictures being up with the post. I tried a search but my computer illiterate self couldnt find quite what I was looking for

Not sure what the "red x" is. It could be you have a bad URL in your image tag

When you click the
insertimage.gif
button a dialog should pop up where you enter (or paste) the URL of the image you want to display. When you hit "OK" in that dialog it should insert that URL surrounded by image tags into your message. Savvy users can type the "IMG" tags and URL themselves. Here's what the code for the image of the "image" button looks like:
PHP:
[IMG]http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/images/editor/insertimage.gif[/IMG]

To insert an attached image into a message attach the image file using the "Manage Attachments" button, upload the image file, preview the message, right click on the attached image file in the preview pane and save the link location. Then insert image as described above and past the URL of the image attachment into the dialog.

Here's an example:
attachment.php

and here's what the code looks like:
PHP:
[IMG]http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2982&d=1234644970[/IMG]

Attachments

• obama-const.jpg
    obama-const.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 61
OK, I am trying to test this from photobucket.

I log into Photobucket

put the mouse over the photo I want to attatch

click the small check box under the picture (DSC00882.jpeg)

go down and hit the larger bluetab that reads generate HTML and IMG code

copy the generated "code" from the 4th box down "IMG images for message boards"

Hit the insert image button on the post page

paste the copied "code"

and.....

hunter46spring
[/URL][/IMG]

did it work???????

Last edited:
OK, I am trying to test this from photobucket.

I log into Photobucket

put the mouse over the photo I want to attatch

click the small check box under the picture (DSC00882.jpeg)

go down and hit the larger bluetab that reads generate HTML and IMG code

copy the generated "code" from the 4th box down "IMG images for message boards"

Hit the insert image button on the post page

paste the copied "code"

and.....

hunter46spring
[/URL][/IMG]

did it work???????
You ended up with double image tags and other cruft in your post. If you copy the IMG generated code from photobucket then paste that directly into your message; no need to use the image button.

Here's what you image code should have looked like
PHP:
[IMG]http://s442.photobucket.com/albums/qq143/hunter46spring/DSC00882.jpg[/IMG]
and the image:
DSC00882.jpg

Also, for future reference, it can be better to either resize the image to something smaller, have that show up in the IMG tag, then wrap a URL tag around it that links to the full-sized version.

Back
Top Bottom