Picking a Harris Bipod

• Thread starter Deleted member 67409
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 67409

Trying to pick up a Harris bipod + mount today on Black Friday. I'm looking for a bipod that mounts to a pic-rail and can swivel. This is going on a 3-gun rifle and I'll be shooting from a wide variety of positions, but mostly prone from the deck or a platform or one of those pieces of cover with the slots/holes cut out of them.

I'm thinking about the HBRS + RBA-1. Thoughts? Is there another Harris I should be considering or is the HBRS the right bipod? For the mount, QD is pretty much a must because there can be stages where rifle targets are at six feet and others where targets are at 300 yards. Obviously don't need a bipod for shooting paper up close but do for steel gongs at 300.

https://www.harrisbipods.com/HBRS.php?

https://www.harrisbipods.com/RBA.php?

Edit: bought an Atlas

Last edited by a moderator:
If you want it to rotate and quick detach, thats probably the way to go. Though all that stuff stacks up and makes the mount taller.

I researched and went with Larues version. I decided the rotate part was just another place for it to loosen up when I was loading it.
No regrets.
Not cheap though.

they go on and off a pic rail easily and arent any taller.
1575058142735.png1575058142735.png
The 6-9 inch version is the best fit for me shooting prone.

What ever you buy, if it swivels, you will want a podloc for it.
They are impossible to lock otherwise.

I will second the recommendations above. The best solution if you are committed to using a Harris. If you already have the bipod, Larue has a standalone mount that you can use.

if you're already starting with picatinny i would go with the atlas bipod that has an ADM QD mount
it is far superior to the harris
the only reason i ever use the harris is if i'm limited to a sling swivel interface such as on many bolt guns

if you're already starting with picatinny i would go with the atlas bipod that has an ADM QD mount
it is far superior to the harris
the only reason i ever use the harris is if i'm limited to a sling swivel interface such as on many bolt guns

I was thinking about an Atlas but apparently there's a huge market of Chinese fakes out there. I've seen threads on Sniper's Hide about how to spot a fake but I'd rather not have to deal with worrying about buying a fake.

No one's faking ye olde Harris [laugh]

I was thinking about an Atlas but apparently there's a huge market of Chinese fakes out there. I've seen threads on Sniper's Hide about how to spot a fake but I'd rather not have to deal with worrying about buying a fake.

No one's faking ye olde Harris [laugh]

all high quality goods have knockoffs
so what
purchase from reputable source and you wont have to even think about it
based on your description the atlas with ADM QD is the right bipod but if you want a fuddy heavy ass harris then go for it

Last edited:
I have the BRM5 and the V8 I like them both just fine, they both have things you can do better than the other. I can load up more against my harris without a doubt while being faster to use, while I like the atlas more as a whole being all around better built and easier to use. Personally think for most applications can't go wrong with either. As somebody else said if you're going to ever put it on a sling stud, I would definitely go with the harris and just call it a day. That being said if funds aren't an issue, Buy once cry once never hurts if you know it's bulletproof reputation/warranty. In the configurations you linked also to be considered you can buy two harris to one atlas.
Just got another BRM5 like 3 weeks ago for a newer mess around rifle. Going out to get a brake next.
1575382634623.png

Last edited:
yup not cheap but worth it
i love mine
once im at desktop can help dig around for a deal on one

here
HAA code is discount

Brownell's is still running a Cyber Monday sale (better than BF by a whopping 1% [laugh] ) so I ordered that Atlas.

Back
Top Bottom