Picked up something cool today

SKS Ray

NES Member
Anyone have info on it? Looks like it was originally blue.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1436468743470.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1436468743470.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 308
  • uploadfromtaptalk1436468763147.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1436468763147.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 274
  • uploadfromtaptalk1436468777620.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1436468777620.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 277
Looks like it might be an old Navy MK 15 100lb practice bomb.

Pretty fricken cool, Ray.

Looks like it might be an old Navy MK 15 100lb practice bomb.

Pretty fricken cool, Ray.

That's what it is. I just gotta find a way to get the black paint off w/out hurting the paint and lettering underneath.
I can see the letters where someone had stickers on it and when they peeled them off some of the black came with it.

I've seen them online for anywhere between $250 and $300 in original condition. I figured at $75 it was worth it. If I can't get the black paint off and reveal the blue with white stenciling I may just sand it down and repaint it flat OD green.

Practice bomb. Quite popular in the Cap Cod area. The Air Force (Otis AFB) used to used them on the Liberty Ship James Lonsgstreet. You could row out the the Longstreet and pick them off the deck. The nose sometimes had an adapter for a blank shotgun shell that would explode on contact and blow teltale smoke out the rear.

A coffee table or something like that would be cool to build with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is Pretty Neat Ray is your truck high enough to put a Rack under it to hang that Beauty on?? Now That would get some Attention
Going down The highway----Love It Sheriff Dudley

That is Pretty Neat Ray is your truck high enough to put a Rack under it to hang that Beauty on?? Now That would get some Attention
Going down The highway----Love It Sheriff Dudley

That's what it is. I just gotta find a way to get the black paint off w/out hurting the paint and lettering underneath.
I can see the letters where someone had stickers on it and when they peeled them off some of the black came with it.

I would start with dish soap and hot water. sometimes you luck out and the new paint will just slag off when wet after you sponge it and handle it some.

if that doesn't work then try scraping with a plastic razor blade and maybe a light scouring pad, like an old sponge.

Put a hole in the roof of your truck and mount the bomb at an angle. Will turn heads. Similar to the body shop in Mansfield with half of a Mustang sticking out of the upper wall of the building.

Back
Top Bottom