• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Picked Up Some Interesting 9mm Today

I grabbed a few boxes of Fiocchi 9mm 115gr +P+ FMJ, anyone ever tried this stuff? I bought it to run through my Uzi & 9mm AR, think it'd be to hot for handguns?

i've run it through my beretta without issues. beretta does not recommend the use of +P or +P+ but it was only two boxes, no big deal.

Its military grade ammo for sub guns. It is hot and if you add 2 or 3 rounds to a mag with say WWB or Remington, you'll notice the difference between the +P+ rounds and the standard ammo.

I won a case of it when I won the Sig last Christmas. I've shot a few rounds through the Sig and my Beretta but I plan on using a Suomi M31 to eat it up. I wouldn't trust it in a Glock or Kel Tec.

I bet its great winter time carry ammo because it'll probably blaze through multiple layers of clothing.

Last edited:
It will be fine in most modern handguns, IMO. EG, Glocks, HK, Sig, etc.... I wouldn't run it through something like a BHP or older, though.

FWIW most of the above can also run Hirtenberger L7A1 (rarely seen now) and that stuff is far more powerful than the 115 gr +P+ Fiocci.

-Mike

Last edited:
i think i shot through 2k rounds of this stuff. didn't really check to see if it was +P or not.

XD9
G17
G23 w / 40 to 9mm conversion barrel

for the most part... the stuff i had was in black boxes with green letters (as far as i recall)... no problems whatsoever...

Thanks for all the feedback, like I was saying, I'm probably going to just put it thru my 9mm carbines but may try it in a pistol or two.

Back
Top Bottom