Picked up my first MN 91/30

Hello everyone. First post on the forums to show off, well my first firearm purchase!

Nothing special, just a Mosin Nagant 91/30, round receiver, 1944 Tula. Wood is in rather nice condition. Pictures are post-cosmoline removal, it wasn't too difficult. I had my pick out of a shipment of 20. The lighting in my room is a little off, so the pictures aren't top notch. I don't like taking it out of my room, even with the lock.

IMG_0372.jpg

IMG_0371.jpg

IMG_0370.jpg

IMG_0369.jpg

IMG_0368.jpg

Shooting it for the first time tomorrow. Hopefully it doesn't explode.

Very nice - welcome to the Mosin Nagant Brotherhood!

Also, welcome to the forum!

The rifle appears to be in very good shape. As long as you gave it a good cleaning and didn't leave anything in the bore, you should be good to go!

One warning: Mosins tend to multiply - beware!

NOTHING SPECIAL! To a mosin nagant owner everyone of his/hers rifle is special.You could own a hundred mosins, walk into a gun shop and the first thing you will go to is where the mosins are.

If you are using surplus ammo make sure you clean it after you are done shooting it. They start to rust real quick from the corrosive primers. It is a fun gun to shoot, I have 2. They kick like a mule !!

'Nothing special' ?

I'm guessing you haven't shot it yet. Mine gets tucked in every night, sometimes even a little bed time story.[grin]

WELCOME to the Mosin Anonymous club!!!!! That looks like a fine rifle. Metal finish appears original blue. As Ken stated, beware ....they multiply!

Check the firing pin protrusion before shooting it:

[video=youtube_share;47OmdVU473I]http://youtu.be/47OmdVU473I[/video]

...and welcome to NES!

A 1944 Tula would be something special!

But alas, the pics do reveal that it is an Izhevsk. Fine gun, nonetheless. Enjoy, and thanks for posting!

Back
Top Bottom