Picked up LTC-A today!

Just wanted to report my recent lisencing experience. I'm a resident of Groton, MA and went in for my application meeting on July 21st upon finishing my NRA Basic pistol course at Blue Northern just the week before.

Met with CLEO for about 15 minutes, filled out app. and was fingerprinted. She claimed it should be 4 weeks to process. Got the call first thing this morning. Went in and Picked up my LTC-A, happy to find "Restrictions:NONE" It took exactly 4 weeks. To say the least I am very please about that.

I was concerned about recieving the ALP no-restrictions due to CWOF blemishes I had when I was a minor. I contacted several lawyers which have experience in Firearms and was advised to disclose the details on the application. Obviously the advice was extremely helpful. Thank you!

Now I am a happy owner of a brand new S&W MP9! Picked it up on the way home from the PD at Blue Northern in Ayer.

All I need now is a place to shoot. I'm interested in joining Harvard Sportsman club and Shirley Rod and Gun, maybe even Westford since they are all in my general vicinity. I'll probably be attending the meetings for each next month sometime.

If anyone is interested in taking a newbie shooting tonight-email me or shoot me a PM. [email protected]

Matt

Goal Member
NRA Member

All I need now is a place to shoot. I'm interested in joining Harvard Sportsman club and Shirley Rod and Gun, maybe even Westford since they are all in my general vicinity. I'll probably be attending the meetings for each next month sometime.

If anyone is interested in taking a newbie shooting tonight-email me or shoot me a PM. [email protected]

Matt

Goal Member
NRA Member

Matt, I can't go tonight, but if you want to shoot at Shirley this weekend, let me know. It's a good club.

Glad for you and that you took the advise of lawyers that advised you to make the disclosures and that may have also had a positive impact in the COP decision.

All three of those clubs are great choices. I'm a member of Westford and I've shot at the other two several times. Shirley doesn't quite have the facilities of Westford or Harvard, but it's much cheaper. The members of all 3 clubs are great. I'm out of town this weekend, but if you want to check out Westford sometime after that, send me a PM.

Very good - glad to hear of your fine experience.
Look forward to hearing your report back on the MP9

Boo yah!

Love my M&P but get the trigger done ASAP. Until then, get some snap-caps and dry-fire the heck out of it and the trigger will wear in a bit better then it is now. I mean like dry-fire a LOT!

First off congratulations and welcome! Glad to see you're already GREEN

There are many members of all the clubs you mentioned on this board who would be more than willing to show you around. I'm a member at Westford and would be happy to show you around. Membership is pretty easy. As long as you attend a membership committee meeting (3rd Monday of the month), meet with the range officer to go over rules (most Sunday afternoons at 1PM), and then attend a general meeting (1st Monday of the month) you are all set. Take a look at all the clubs and see which one works for you best.

Second, the M&P9: nice gun, I recently bought one. Take a look at this thread. You likely find that you have a 12-18 lb trigger, but it can be fixed!

Below are three MA gunsmiths who were recommended to me for a trigger job on the M&P. I went with LaRocca since he is the closest for me. I hear nothing but good things about Greg Derr. Ask me tomorrow how I like it when I pick it up.

Michael LaRocca
LaRocca Gun Works, Inc.
51 Union Place
Worcester, MA 01608
Telephone: 508-754-2887
http://www.laroccagunworks.com/swmp.shtml

Greg Derr
Gregg Derr Precision
879 B Old Main St Ext
Marshfield, MA 02050
781 834-3225
http://www.derrprecision.com/contact.html

David Sunturri
580 Kelly Blvd., North Attleboro, MA 02760
401 726-1310
http://www.santurriltd.com/santservices.htm

BTW: My M&P9 loves the Walmart WWB value packs. $19.97/100 just up Rt 3 at the Hudson Walmart.

Yesterday was my five week anniversary of getting printed and filing my paperwork. I'm hoping I'll have my LTC before the car shoot. [sad2]

Maybe someone can riddle me this: I watched the firearms officer enter my info into MIRC. She entered "ALL LAWFUL PURPOSES" for the reason, and I'm wondering if that means I'll most likely see that on my LTC-A or is that something that will decided/adjusted afterwards. Anyone know how that works?

Thanks for all the replies..I've pulled some great info from this thread and plan to shoot tomorrow afternoon. I'll be sure to report on the MP9 and my wifes Phoenix Arms 22LR Semi I am taking with me as well.

I'll PM some of you who offered to introduce me to the local clubs soon.

Thanks again

Yesterday was my five week anniversary of getting printed and filing my paperwork. I'm hoping I'll have my LTC before the car shoot. [sad2]

Maybe someone can riddle me this: I watched the firearms officer enter my info into MIRC. She entered "ALL LAWFUL PURPOSES" for the reason, and I'm wondering if that means I'll most likely see that on my LTC-A or is that something that will decided/adjusted afterwards. Anyone know how that works?

looks like you will be getting unrestricted....

As for the OP.. I am jealous, I had my interview/processing the same day (21st) and I am still waiting [angry]

looks like you will be getting unrestricted....

As for the OP.. I am jealous, I had my interview/processing the same day (21st) and I am still waiting [angry]

Got a call back after leaving a voice mail. Approved and waiting for it to be printed and delivered to the PD, 7-10 days! [smile]

I'm hoping for 5-7 so I'll have it for the car shoot.

For all you that wring your hands in anguish about the MP trigger, I can tell you that Ricochet was having no problems at all tonight at the range. No FTF's and all on target.[smile]

It was great to meet you today and thanks for the tour of Shirley. I really liked that M1-Very nice.

Look forward to shooting with more folks from here.

Back
Top Bottom