Picked up a K98

I put 20-25 rounds thru her the other day, the kick combined with my blood thinners have my bicep looking like I took a 40mm while mostly peacefully protesting haha

As a fellow person on blood thinners I use a shoulder pad when shooting rifles that buck a lot. Helps reduce the recoil and lets me shoot a lot longer.

I use something similar to this but the one I have is a little thicker on the padding.

Amazon product ASIN B0009TRNRKView: https://www.amazon.com/Caldwell-350010-Field-Shield/dp/B0009TRNRK/ref=mp_s_a_1_6?crid=2HDM3JUXT2I51&keywords=shoulder+recoil+pad&qid=1642448644&sprefix=shoulder+recoil+pad%2Caps%2C93&sr=8-6

33/40 is a different rifle, the Czech mountain carbine.
t
the guy at WaffenMeister told me to go with this one

Original German manufactured milled K98 front band. Very good condition, original bluing. No serial numbers, perfect replacement. Also works on the 33/40 rifle, identical.
hopefully I just said it wrong above and this fits

Last edited:
So I ordered the new replacement handguard, so I wanted to take it apart a little ahead of delivery too see "how it works" is this always "one piece"? It's hard to find videos demonstrating the hand-guard disassembly/replacement

I also ordered a replacement "33/40 Milled Band Spring" to pop in there
Well the nose piece can be a bear but your missing the retainer spring so that makes it easier
Min 4:00 starts the hand-guard removal

Back
Top Bottom