Picked up a dozen of these AA battery packs for the UV5R radios.

Uzi2

NES Member
image.jpeg
They hold 6 AA alkaline cell batteries. Very well made, fits excellent on the radio and adds just a little heft to the radio so it doesnt feel like an empty magazine.
Considering that so many other things I and many others have that run on AA cells, I thought it would be good to have a battery pack for some radios that used them also. The alkaline cells should give long operation time.
The case is designed WITHOUT the alignment slots on the bottom sides so you cannot accidently put the radio into a charger thinking it will recharge......it won't fit and theres no contacts.

I have not tried any rechargeable AA cells as I don't have any currently. They would have to be removed to recharge as there are no external contacts on these cases.

For $2.30 each delivered from fleabay, it was a no brainer.image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

If you get one or three, this is how you open them. Push in on that middle locking tab and using your fingers on the sides, gently separate the bottom then while pulling the small piece towards the bottom, it wil come apart. Reassemble by putting the top together first then slightly hinging it closed and that tab will lock the bottom.
Use some finesse.......don't try to just jam it open or closed.

Last edited:
Did these come from China or the US? I've gotten burned on a few things I bought directly from China and I've been noticing that a lot of these vendors say (US listing) but the item is delivered from China. I wouldn't mind picking up a couple of these for myself.

Did these come from China or the US? I've gotten burned on a few things I bought directly from China and I've been noticing that a lot of these vendors say (US listing) but the item is delivered from China. I wouldn't mind picking up a couple of these for myself.

Shiped from Hong Kong. Vendor is cetagie-2 . They've sold lots of them and they ship quickly.

So far I've not had any problems dealing with any Chinese vendors but I'm sure there's some sketchy ones out there.

Look into a small solar panel. I picked this as goal zero is well known, but there are tons of others for less. Goal zero also makes an excellent battery pack that interfaces well to their charger, but again, you can pick any small charger and any batteries like the ones you have above.

Amazon product ASIN B06XRQZ76DView: https://www.amazon.com/Goal-Zero-Nomad-14-Solar/dp/B06XRQZ76D?ref_=ast_sto_dp&th=1

Amazon product ASIN B00D2SQ6W8View: https://www.amazon.com/Goal-Zero-Guide-Plus-Recharger/dp/B00D2SQ6W8/

I like what you have for the radio, a very good solution.

Back
Top Bottom