Picked up a couple of Mil Surps today

dannyk45

NES Member
Picked up a couple of Mil Surps today

A Springfield Armory M1A and a Russian Nagant, I used a link and found it to be a Izhevsk M38.

IMG_0620.jpg

IMG_0621.jpg

Any story behind the M1A?
I often wonder what would compel a person to give one of those up?

I got mine from a nephew who consigned his uncle's collection, it ss nice to know at least that the previous owner live by the code "from my cold dead hands", and so will I (at least with my M1A)[smile]

Any story behind the M1A?
I often wonder what would compel a person to give one of those up?

I got mine from a nephew who consigned his uncle's collection, it ss nice to know at least that the previous owner live by the code "from my cold dead hands", and so will I (at least with my M1A)[smile]

I bought it at Nicks in Palmer someone put it on consignment. That's all I know. Beautiful rifle and the price was right.

An M1A has been on my list of wants for a while now. I just never have the cash when I see one.

You may know about these sites already but in case you don't -

http://7.62x54r.net/

http://mosinnagant.net/

Once you take the M38 apart for initial cleaning and inspection, you'll see many more markings and stamps. Those sites will give you info on figuring out what 90% of them mean.

M38s are getting harder to come by these days, right up there with 91/59s. Hard to believe at one time they were so cheap I got one for under $40 during a distributor's Christmas sale.

I bought it at Nicks in Palmer someone put it on consignment. That's all I know. Beautiful rifle and the price was right.
Could have been a forced consignment due to a LTC being yanked. Years ago, a homeowner in Lowell shot a junkie who was breaking into his house. After being charged with manslaughter, his LTC was yanked by Lowell PD and he had to put his entire (very valuable!) collection of firearms on consignment at AG Guns & Ammo in Lowell because he could no longer legally possess them.

Could have been a forced consignment due to a LTC being yanked. Years ago, a homeowner in Lowell shot a junkie who was breaking into his house. After being charged with manslaughter, his LTC was yanked by Lowell PD and he had to put his entire (very valuable!) collection of firearms on consignment at AG Guns & Ammo in Lowell because he could no longer legally possess them.

That is why your significant other should also have a license. I had a friend lose his license from a DWI and ended up in the same situation.

Back
Top Bottom