• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Picked up a #4 mk2 enfield

m44

Yesterday I picked up a #4 mark2 Lee Enfield, I paid 179.00 (I dont know much about enfields, did I overpay seemed fair to me). The date on the side of the receiver says 2/50, the gun also has a MINT bore. I figured that since I had the bayonet sitting at home I might as well get the gun [smile]. I also brought the gun to the range yesterday and it shoots pretty sweet [smile]. I have a few pics of me shooting it I might post later.

Here is a pic of the gun.

100_0009.jpg

And a marking pic.

100_0010.jpg

Congrats on the new enfield - they are great shooters. I did get rid of mine but I don't think it was in as good as condition as yours and that price sounds right to me if your happy with it.

it was made in 1950, the f means ferzakerly plant in england. nice find for the low price. i have a no4 mk1 42 BSA with a nice bore that cost me $175. you have to be patient to find good deals on these rifles i have seen ones going for $250 on gun broker.

Last edited:
That's a good price. I paid $150.00 about two years ago for a rearsenalledNo 4 Mk2. They are terrific shooters, at least mine is. They are also pretty pleasant to shoot because all that weight eats up recoil.

Enjoy!

XXXXXXXXX has #4 Mk1 for $159 (+$10 for handpicked) shipped right to you with your C&R license. I do like this distributor...very nice people and decent stuff for decent prices. I picked mine up for $149 from XXXXXXXX a while ago, 1943 Faz, as a fix-r-up-r, it is a great shooter and looker now if I don't say so myself...[smile]

Enfields are a really nice milsurp. I wish I realized how nice then I would have opted for a more expensive US made Savage version.

Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the info guys, I am very happy I didnt overpay. Unfortunately I have fallen in love so it looks like my two Lee Enfields isn't gonna be enough, I now want more [smile].

Price is a very good one for what you got. I got my No. 4 MkII for $175 and it was in completely refinished, like new condition, but looks like a little bit of a mixmaster with multiple rebuild stamps.

Back
Top Bottom