Pick a Rifle, Any Rifle

I would love a mint JM stamped Marlin in 45-70.

Actually, I have a couple JM Marlins that I bought new about 11 years ago that I've not fired. One is an 1895 in 45/70 the other a 336C in 30-30. I mounted some Williams peep sights, cobra slings, function checked the actions with dummy rounds and threw the levers a thousand times or so, breaking down and clean/lube every couple hundred to action wear the parts in. No reason as to not using them except I've a few others. Here are some of them with the two I mentioned on top.

Just curious, if you could buy any rifle right now, what would it be? Or do you currently own what you consider to be your favorite rifle. All calibers/actions apply.

http://www.eurooptic.com/tikka-t3-f...l-jrtf615.aspx?utm_source=eoic&utm_medium=jpg

I'd pick this - I need a rifle for my 12 year old daughter to hunt with this year. She shoots a 22-250 just fine, and I want a little more bullet and not much more recoil. And it just so happens we're blowing these out, so it all works out. ;)

Probably a FAL Para or a Zastava M92. I'm not sure how well I'd fair with a Falling Block in 6.5 swede in the post-clinton wasteland.

I've been eying a Bren 805.
CZ-805-Bren-S1-available-european-countries.jpg

+1

If money, legality, and ammo availability were no object,

A 20x102mm Anzio Rifle.

I have seen one in person, and it is amazing.

Failing that a K&M Arms M17S556. I happen to like bullpup designs, and it is has some nice lines.

Back
Top Bottom