• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Pic of the weekend

dwarven1

Lonely Mountain Arms
DSCF0168.jpg

And how do you tell when your 15 year old niece is a convert to shooting?

When she triggers off ONE SHOT from a .44 Remington cap and ball revolver and turns to you through the cloud of black powder smoke, grins, and says one word: "Sweet!"

dwarven1 said:
DSCF0168.jpg

And how do you tell when your 15 year old niece is a convert to shooting?

When she triggers off ONE SHOT from a .44 Remington cap and ball revolver and turns to you through the cloud of black powder smoke, grins, and says one word: "Sweet!"

That's the largest and wierdest looking .44 Remington cap and ball revolver that I've ever seen.

ROFL! Just teasing ya.

I'm hoping to get more pix from the "official" photographer. Danimal filled up multiple 1 gb cards this weekend... I didn't get to photograph Liz with the .44 as I was showing her how to shoot it!

Ross

Well, she did like that AR clone as well. The AK was a little heavy on recoil for her, though she didn't complain.

She's definitely been corrupted. Bikes and Guns!

This wasn't taken this weekend but I frequently bring my grandaughter shooting with me. Here she is with her 'cricket'. I just gave her a new Henry levergun but don't have a pic of her with it yet. Number 2 grandaughter has inherited the cricket but she hasn't used it yet. Hopefully she will in a couple of weeks. Number 1 girl is 12. Number 2 girl is 5.

shooting1.jpg

Pilgrim said:
This wasn't taken this weekend but I frequently bring my grandaughter shooting with me. Here she is with her 'cricket'. I just gave her a new Henry levergun but don't have a pic of her with it yet. Number 2 grandaughter has inherited the cricket but she hasn't used it yet. Hopefully she will in a couple of weeks. Number 1 girl is 12. Number 2 girl is 5.

What a cool Grandpa! Wish I could be that cool, too, but my sister would have a fit if I gave Liz a rifle!

It'll have to wait until she's 18... then I have a real hard decision... what to give her first? A Ruger .22 pistol, since she likes mine so much? A Remington .44 cap & ball? An AR clone? (I better get mine first so I can shoot with her!) Decisions, decisions... Meantime I'll bring her to the range when I can.

And her big brother, who "had too much to do" this weekend to come up, is going "She's shot more guns than I have!" [lol] [lol] Nickel, I think I may have two guests next year!!

Ross

The crowd from the Dead Horse MC were great. Too-Tall was showing her how to shoot that AR; I was watching and taking some pix. Brad was showing Liz how to shoot a .45 while I was getting taught the AK, and I saw Danimal working with Liz later on one of the rifles.

Then later, Too-Tall showed me how to load the Remington.

Y'know, it's funny... I have several distinct groups of friends, from several different activities: FreeMasons, bikers, gun people... and they're all great people! But what is their reputations according to the great unwashed? "cultists" (or worse, people automatically think of Fred Flintstone's Water Buffalo Lodge, or Ralph Kramden's Raccons), Biker trash, and of course, we are gun "nuts" here... And all of these groups are capable of great kindness and are just plain fun to hang out with.

Guess I'm going to have to stay with being a "bad boy" and keep hanging out with the kind of people that my mother wouldn't approve of. (Except for the Masons, that is).

Ross

She's usually the Chief Logistician for the weekend. She was worried how things would work out without me being there (several people could take my place), but, she's never figured out how things would be without her. We'd survive, but, it wouldn't be easy.

I understand that. I'm chief cook and bottle washer when we put our runs on. Seeing how the campground is down the road from us not hard to make arrangements there. I did it for the guy who is doing a run this weekend. It would be hard if Glenn wasn't around,but alas we too would manage.
We have a good group too.

Back
Top Bottom