• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Photos of the Forgotten War

Great pictures. Brought back some memories of my uncle who fought in that war. He used to tell me a lot of stories and show me pictures when I was a kid. The stories got better, as in more information, as I got older. His stories about leave and some of ladies he and his buddies met were hilarious and pretty raunchy.

His warmest most human story was about the North Korean family that saved his life, nursed him back to health, hid him from the enemy and helped him get back to the US side. They risked their lives for months doing this and he was eternally greatful to them. The Jeep he was driving hit a landmine during a battle above the 38th parallel, leaving two soldiers dead and him with many severe wounds, the worst being a head wound. The husband found him and brought him home, he and his wife cared for my uncle for about 3 months until he was able to make the journey across enemy lines back to our side.

He spoke of these people with love and great repect, always with a tear in his eyes. Because of them he lived a pretty long, full life, passing in a car accident about 15 years ago.

Sorry to get off topic, carry on.

Great pictures. Brought back some memories of my uncle who fought in that war. He used to tell me a lot of stories and show me pictures when I was a kid. The stories got better, as in more information, as I got older. His stories about leave and some of ladies he and his buddies met were hilarious and pretty raunchy.

His warmest most human story was about the North Korean family that saved his life, nursed him back to health, hid him from the enemy and helped him get back to the US side. They risked their lives for months doing this and he was eternally greatful to them. The Jeep he was driving hit a landmine during a battle above the 38th parallel, leaving two soldiers dead and him with many severe wounds, the worst being a head wound. The husband found him and brought him home, he and his wife cared for my uncle for about 3 months until he was able to make the journey across enemy lines back to our side.

He spoke of these people with love and great repect, always with a tear in his eyes. Because of them he lived a pretty long, full life, passing in a car accident about 15 years ago.

Sorry to get off topic, carry on.

What an amazing story, glad he shared them with you, and you with us.
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom