• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Photo Blog - WWII Collection (Pacific War) - Amazing pictures

My dad sent me this link today and I thought it was worth sharing. The link is to a photo blog (PBlog) via DenverPost.com. I did a quick search and didn't see it previously posted.

Link: http://blogs.denverpost.com/capture...-blog-the-pacific-and-adjacent-theaters/1547/

From the blog:

The below collection focuses on The Pacific War, a term referring to parts of World War II that took place in the Pacific Ocean, the islands of the Pacific and the Far East. The start of The Pacific War is generally considered to be the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor, Hawaii on December 7, 1941. The Pacific War pitted the Allies against the Empire of Japan and culminated with the atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki in August of 1945, Victory over Japan Day on August 15, 1945 and the official surrender of Japan aboard the battleship U.S.S. Missouri in Tokyo Bay on September 2, 1945.

Thanks for the link. As much as we bitched about nearly everything, I wouldn't have traded places with what the grunts in my father's generation went through. God bless every one of them.

BTW, take a look at the Marine kneeling at the front of the group in photo #49 and the one standing behind his right shoulder. I sure as hell recognize those looks, and I know some of you do too.

Ken

The caption on photo #38 identifies one of the men as a Marine from Sharon, Massachusetts named Joseph Lodico. I wonder if anyone here knew or knows him.

WOW!!!...I thought I'd seen at least 90% of the Pacific Theatre photos in the public domain! 99% of ALL of these, are new to me!...THANKS!!!

Bill

Back
Top Bottom