Phone number for checking on the status of c&r application?

John2006

NES Member
Anyone know what the BATFE phone number for checking on the status of my c&r application is? I've seen it before but just spent the last 30 mins trying to find it with no luck.
Thanks

If You Have Any Questions Relating to this Application, Please Contact the ATF Federal Firearms Licensing Center, 244 Needy Road, Martinsburg, West Virginia 25405, 1-866-662-2750, or Your Local ATF Regulatory Enforcement Office.
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]
This is on the bottom of the ATF form 7CR. Give that number a try.
[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

About 45 days, I called ATF and asked where to send it. I was given a west coast address and mentioned that in my last C&R, they said it was delayed because I sent it to west coast. ATF person, no joke, said the only ATF office able to accept payment for a C&R was on west coast and no other ATF office could take payment. I used a credit card. It took me about 5 months last time I sent it to the west coast for processing.

About 45 days, I called ATF and asked where to send it. I was given a west coast address and mentioned that in my last C&R, they said it was delayed because I sent it to west coast. ATF person, no joke, said the only ATF office able to accept payment for a C&R was on west coast and no other ATF office could take payment. I used a credit card. It took me about 5 months last time I sent it to the west coast for processing.
Any updates?

14. Where to Send Application - MAKE A COPY OF YOUR COMPLETED APPLICATION FOR YOUR RECORDS, THEN FORWARD THE APPLICATION WITH FEE, ONE ATF FORM 7/7CR PART B, RESPONSIBLE PERSON QUESTIONNAIRE, FOR EACH RESPONSIBLE PERSON (WITH PROPERLY IDENTIFIED PHOTO ATTACHED), AND FINGERPRINT CARD(S) TO: Federal Firearms Licensing Center P.O. Box 6200-20 Portland, OR 97228-6200

15. Contact Us - If you have any questions relating to this application, please contact the ATF Federal Firearms Licensing Center, 244 Needy Road, Martinsburg, WV 25405, Toll free 1-866-662-2750, or your local ATF Industry Operations Office. Contact information for your local office can be found at WWW.ATF.GOV
The applications & payments used to go to Martinsburg , WV. No idea why they changed it to the Portland office.

I think it all depends on who you talk to.
My C&R expires in April, a few weeks ago I realized I hadn't gotten the renewal form. Called the ATF, she looked up the agent who does the renewals for my region and transferred me, I left a message. Before the end of the day he had called me back and emailed me a form, had me fill it out (with CC payment) and I emailed it back. He even sent an email acknowledging he got the form, so I'm covered if it goes past the expiration date.

We bitch about the ATF, but some there are just doing their job and are willing to be helpful.

OP, look up the phone number on-line, call and be polite. They aren't all monsters.

We bitch about the ATF, but some there are just doing their job and are willing to be helpful.
similar experience for me as well, I was late sending my last renewal in and was contacted by the examiner, via phone call, he emailed me a new app for a new licence, I emailed it back an it was process and in hand in a couple weeks, I saved the email and contacted him to ask some questions over the next year or two about form 1's, he always replied even if he didn't have the answer.

I did learn something from the laps in renewal. if your C&R expires it can not be renewed, you must re apply and get a new FFL number, when you get the new number, you can start a new bound book, and discard the old one, Kinda like a fresh start if you ever get the review..

I've never had a C&R renewal take more than 30 days to be returned. No need to call and check on anything.

C&R is not handled the same as other FFLs. Last time my renewal was running late and I was going out of town on a gun buying trip. So I really needed that valid C&R. When I called the agent took my info and credit card, processed it and emailed it to me the next day. I'm sure it being a renewal made all the difference.

OP give them a call, I'd bet they will be very helpful.

Any up date on this , I sent in a new application on the 2/22

My “mailing” address changed and I completely forgot to amend my license. By the time I realized It renewal was NFG. So I just reapplied.

Back
Top Bottom