• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Philly Police: Man shot 15 times walks into emergency room

mikeyp

NES Member
Not much info on it yet

Police: Man shot 15 times walks into emergency room

PHILADELPHIA - Philadelphia police say a man who was shot 15 times walked into a hospital emergency room and is expected to survive.

The shooting unfolded early Friday in the city's Kensington section.

Police found 23 spent shell casings on the scene, but no victim. That's when word came about a gunshot victim at a hospital.

Police Chief Inspector Scott Small says the 27-year-old is in critical condition, but is expected to survive. Small says it's "pretty miraculous."

His name has not been released.

Authorities are checking surveillance video for possible clues.

No arrests have been made.

Isn't there some anecdotal saying like, if you've been shot, you have a 90% chance of surviving if you're still breathing when you reach the hospital?

Isn't there some anecdotal saying like, if you've been shot, you have a 90% chance of surviving if you're still breathing when you reach the hospital?

It's not anecdotal, I looked it up once by FBI/DOJ stats, less than 4% of gunshot wounds are fatal overall. I looked at raw data, not a study.

Raw data included self inflicted 'cleaning accidents' and whatnot, but if you are hit with lead, it's less than 4%. Basically if a gun went bang and you got hit. I wish I could find the data again, but I'm not that enthusiastic to dig in again.

Even this very left leaning paper reports ~10% survival. The research was done at UC Davis and Duke. No idea what they considered a 'gunshot' is, I didn't read that deeply into the article.
Gunshot wounds are just as deadly as always, despite data claims to the contrary

It's not anecdotal, I looked it up once by FBI/DOJ stats, less than 4% of gunshot wounds are fatal overall. I looked at raw data, not a study.

Raw data included self inflicted 'cleaning accidents' and whatnot, but if you are hit with lead, it's less than 4%. Basically if a gun went bang and you got hit. I wish I could find the data again, but I'm not that enthusiastic to dig in again.

Even this very left leaning paper reports ~10% survival. The research was done at UC Davis and Duke. No idea what they considered a 'gunshot' is, I didn't read that deeply into the article.
Gunshot wounds are just as deadly as always, despite data claims to the contrary

What are the stats for people who have been shot 15 times?

I remember a case Ayoob wrote about where some lady got shot 5 times with a .45 and drove herself to the hospital... if the hits aren't good, lots of people can become a bullet tampon.

-Mike

That's because it must have been a 9mm. :p. No stopping power. Two rounds with a 45 he would no longer be on this planet. If it was a 10mm he would have never existed!

Senior Chief Petty Officer Douglas "Mike" Day (SEAL)(Ret.) was shot 27 times and walked to the helicopter.

Probably all in the gut with few or none in the heart/lungs. A cop told me of a case he saw where an assailant was gut shot 9 times, then peacefully surrendered and spent only one day in the hospital.

Gangbangers seem to care as much about grouping as they do holsters and trigger discipline.

Back
Top Bottom