Phillip’s Wild Game Butcher Shop Ordered Closed By Health Dept

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
Wilton wild game butcher ordered to close by health officer

WILTONA wild game butcher shop has been ordered to shut down amid a criminal investigation after complaints about processing orders and spoiled meat.

Phillip’s Wild Game Butcher Shop, owned by Phillip Pellerin, has been ordered to cease and desist operations by the town’s health officer as Wilton police and the New Hampshire Fish and Game Department investigate the business.

“I’m trying to take care of it,” Pellerin said when contacted by phone on Wednesday, shortly before his line cut out.

Wilton police on Wednesday would not comment on the investigation.

According to a statement from Fish and Game, the department is looking into reports that customers either did not get their deer back from the shop or, like Chad Desrosiers of Milford, got spoiled meat back.

“My first package I opened was the tenderloins and the smell was so bad I nearly threw up, so I tossed them out,” Desrosiers said.

Seems legit. He was taking in people's fresh deer, holding on to it too long, not refrigerating it properly and giving them back spoiled rotten meat.

He should have made sure he had his refrigeration issues solved before he started accepting those jobs and I feel bad for those hunters..... fraud is fraud!

Back
Top Bottom