Philadelphia licensed gun owner claims self defense in shooting of 3 teens aboard bus: police

Reptile

NES Member
A licensed gun owner in Philadelphia is claiming self-defense after shooting three teens who were allegedly attacking him on a public-transit bus, police said Thursday.

The 24-year-old man, who police said had a concealed-carry permit for his weapon, was sitting in the back of the bus when the group approached him, and an altercation broke out soon after, according to Lt. Dennis Rosenbaum of Northeast Detectives.

Police said responding officers found three males with leg wounds outside the SEPTA (Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority) bus after it came to a halt in the Northeast section of the city shortly after 1 a.m., the Philadelphia Inquirer reported.

Either this guy can't shoot straight or he was aiming low. Kids got lucky.

A licensed gun owner in Philadelphia is claiming self-defense after shooting three teens who were allegedly attacking him on a public-transit bus, police said Thursday.

The 24-year-old man, who police said had a concealed-carry permit for his weapon, was sitting in the back of the bus when the group approached him, and an altercation broke out soon after, according to Lt. Dennis Rosenbaum of Northeast Detectives.

Police said responding officers found three males with leg wounds outside the SEPTA (Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority) bus after it came to a halt in the Northeast section of the city shortly after 1 a.m., the Philadelphia Inquirer reported.

Now the sad part for this guy, his legal troubles are just beginning.

Nothing good happens after 11pm unless this kid was on his way home from work he wishes he hadn’t been out that late.

Did what liberals always tell us to do. Shoot em in the leg

As with any shooting, I hope the video is clear and shows him completely in the right.

3 v 1 isn't good odds. I don't care the age of the aggressor, the size matters to me. I've seen some early teens that make me look small. Not that I'm huge, but they were substantially bigger than me.

As with any shooting, I hope the video is clear and shows him completely in the right.

3 v 1 isn't good odds. I don't care the age of the aggressor, the size matters to me. I've seen some early teens that make me look small. Not that I'm huge, but they were substantially bigger than me.
I knew a guy whos son was 16-17 and he was easily 6'6" and a very solid 230ish lbs. Crazy big kid for his age.

Lawyers are likely to be circling the kids hospital beds soon.

Lawyers were circulating the bus, before they were taken out.

Unless the 24 year old had carry insurance or has substantial assets for them to go after, lawyers won't get much out of him. They want to get paid, they're not going to waste their time if there's nothing to go after.

"The unidentified gun owner gave his weapon to investigators and is cooperating,"

He's going to jail. He should have Lawyered up...

That tells me he doesn't have carry insurance, or if he does he didn't follow their advice. USCCA gives you a card w/ precise instructions if you're ever involved in a shooting.IMG_3066.jpg

Last edited:
Reptile -- I just noticed you added a face mask to your avatar. Nice to see you following the governor's recommendations! Can't be too cautious these days!

Lawyers are likely to be circling the kids hospital beds soon.

It's not lawyers but the philadumpia anti gun cabal. That city is probably one of the worst cities in america to be involved in an SD shooting, or at least it
was.

-Mike

He only shot them in the leg the worst case they won't play basketball to much anymore oh wait did I infer something there.

Back
Top Bottom