PG&E Is Dubious of Fire Victim’s Claim

richc

NES Member
Rating - 100%
35   0   0

"PG&E Corp. says it has found suspicious monetary claims by victims of California’s wildfires, including one from a man who says a 500-pound (227-kilogram) emerald worth $280 million was destroyed at his home a year ago in the most destructive and deadliest wildfire in state history."

OMFG...

[rofl]

Roland Deschain

NES Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
I just did some light googling to try and understand the issues they are facing out there... It seems to me that PG&E was trying to do the right thing wrt the wildfires, but California just can't seem to find a way to not destroy their own state. I don't know... I'm probably wrong, but does California think bankrupting a power company is going to help them in the long run?

richc

NES Member
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Sure seems that way. The despots who rule CA are running scared and don't care who they topple in order to protect their own asses.

I just did some light googling to try and understand the issues they are facing out there... It seems to me that PG&E was trying to do the right thing wrt the wildfires, but California just can't seem to find a way to not destroy their own state. I don't know... I'm probably wrong, but does California think bankrupting a power company is going to help them in the long run?

new guy

NES Member
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
The litigation and various proceedings were explained to me by somebody involved in sorting it all out and it’s mind-numbingly complicated. The state involvement, the creditor maneuvering, the bankruptcy stuff - it’s wild. When he finally stopped talking I decided to never spend another minute trying to understand it.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
obv ridiculous in the case of the emerald, but so is this:

"PG&E wants victims’ documents, such as appraisal reports and receipts, to support some claims. "

why would the utility think my property got destroyed but my receipts and appraisal reports are fireproof?

Dadstoys

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
On an strangely similar note.
I saw on the news this morning , our great state is preventing National Grid from cutting back trees that might endanger their transmission lines.
I don't think we have to worry about raging wildfires here, but get ready for lots more extended power outages .

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
On an strangely similar note.
I saw on the news this morning , our great state is preventing National Grid from cutting back trees that might endanger their transmission lines.
I don't think we have to worry about raging wildfires here, but get ready for lots more extended power outages .
And if/when we have power outages the State will blame National Grid and fine them.

SpaceCritter

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
obv ridiculous in the case of the emerald, but so is this:

"PG&E wants victims’ documents, such as appraisal reports and receipts, to support some claims. "

why would the utility think my property got destroyed but my receipts and appraisal reports are fireproof?
OneDrive, Google Cloud Drive, Carbonite, Iron Mountain, ...

Top Bottom