Petition to lift MA "assault weapons" ban by AG Maura Healy

Why would anyone think that the Whitehouse has any authority to "lift" a state law?
I was thinking the same thing, and a better question is. Do we really want the white house interfering in state issues like this? There is 2 sides to that coin.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Signed

Number of signatures will eventually catch-up.

The President doesn't have the authority to change MA law, so this is a meaningless gesture (but I signed anyway)

Please sign my petition to overture EO 13637 https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pe...-own-piece-history-undo-executive-order-13637 This may not have a significant impact, but it does send a message that change is needed. And it is well within the President's power to do, and do quickly. BTW I was planning a similar petition on the import ban but given the lack of response even I think it would be a waste of time. We'll see how it works out.

Signed

The President doesn't have the authority to change MA law, so this is a meaningless gesture (but I signed anyway)

Please sign my petition to overture EO 13637 https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pe...-own-piece-history-undo-executive-order-13637 This may not have a significant impact, but it does send a message that change is needed. And it is well within the President's power to do, and do quickly. BTW I was planning a similar petition on the import ban but given the lack of response even I think it would be a waste of time. We'll see how it works out.

Signed....can we get a petition megathread started?

Signed

You might want to post this petition on some youtube channels like IV8888 and MAC. I think some of these channels may have helped the NFA petition reach it's goal. They bring this up at 24:40 in this video.

Last edited by a moderator:
Signed and confirmed.
I don't think this would go anywhere, she has crumbled more meaningful pieces of paper and trashed it.
Votes take a bit to post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Of course it won't go anywhere. Lol. I've never understand wasting time signing these petitions. Just as bad as voting in stupid ass news website polls.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Of course it won't go anywhere. Lol. I've never understand wasting time signing these petitions. Just as bad as voting in stupid ass news website polls.[emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I don't think it's a waste of time, we have to do what we can, even if it doesn't go anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

this may seem like a dumb question as I have never signed one of these white house petitions. Do you have to use your real name? or could you use a john smith etc

MAGG (or should I call you Clipp?), you're already on the "list". Signing a petition will make you no more likely to be targeted by the black helicopters than I am. Hang on a second, somebody banging on the front door like a synaptically challenged kid on a drumset.[SUP]**[/SUP]

There IS an email verification step that you need to complete to finalize the signing.

Why would anyone think that the Whitehouse has any authority to "lift" a state law?

How dare you challenge Trump's authority?!

Actually, of course, you're right, although a petition to address something like this *could* result in some blunt conversations between the USAG and the MAAG. So maybe it could help.

However, I sometimes wonder how wise it is to CREATE a petition like this without having first setup a support network to generate the traffic needed.

THAT is something the hate groups like Everytown have down COLD.

We, the conservative majority, look like fringe groups because we will not work as a team.

[SUP]**[/SUP] Just kidding. Nobody at the door. Seriously, it may or may not help but it will NOT get you targeted more so than you already are.

Last edited:
You folks realize that the White House has NO POWER over "states rights" i.e. state law or made-up law by out of control AG, right?

Sorry but that petition is a waste of time, as it is addressed to the wrong venue.

You folks realize that the White House has NO POWER over "states rights" i.e. state law or made-up law by out of control AG, right?

QFT.

Signed, but only for attention purposes. The absolutely best thing that could possibly come out of this is a statement from the WH (maybe with ATF or DOJ backup) that the AG is full of it... And coming from this administration, I'm not even sure that would help our case closer to home. The wording of this is screwy, too - are we talking about the 94/98 AWB here, or the 16 unilateral judicial branch legislation?

Back
Top Bottom