Petition for Boston Special Police Officers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I highly doubt a special police officer is tooting around a .38, as his duty firearm. The very least a Glock or Sig. Even if his personal handgun.

And he'll no I'm not adding my name to a list that could very easily threaten my fellow country men, if I'm forced to do without then they can to, atleast we will be somewhat even. All though they have a corrupt system protecting them, I got........

Jason.

Under rule 400 they are allowed a .38 as a service weapon and nothing else. They are essentially armed security guards.

So how long before the special police go the wayside like MDC and the hill cops?
Didn't the registry have their own police at one time?

Man, this thread is so not the way he wanted it to go. Not sure of the thought process in requesting this here.

Special Police,are just security guards with arresting powers in the location they are working at.Guys that want to be cops,but for some reason didn't make it.Boston police does not like them,and makes sure that in no way they look like real police.

Although I'm sure they make more than a security guard .

Yup, definitely how this was not suppose to go

You folks make me laugh. Its all about divide and conquer with the politicians, and you guys just help em with the hate-spewing. Maybe invite the OP and some of his working class stiffs to our rally and see if then you could return the favor by signing the petition. Nah...that might build some solidarity among folks, can't have that now.

Under rule 400 they are allowed a .38 as a service weapon and nothing else. They are essentially armed security guards.

I wonder if they're the same old pos 38's they used to make you shoot out at Moon Island. They were the firearm equivalent of an old red and white taxi cab. Rattled like all hell, loose as a goose and were kinda bent. [laugh]

So you, a LEO, are saying we should go out of our way to help a Special Leo become even more special so maybe he and his friend can help us get our rights back?

Let me guess....we are civilians and you are special. Right?

Now THAT's funny.

Question : did you and your friends sign it?

Last edited:
You folks make me laugh. Its all about divide and conquer with the politicians, and you guys just help em with the hate-spewing. Maybe invite the OP and some of his working class stiffs to our rally and see if then you could return the favor by signing the petition. Nah...that might build some solidarity among folks, can't have that now.

There's no divide and conquer, these lines were drawn long ago.

I highly doubt a special police officer is tooting around a .38, as his duty firearm. The very least a Glock or Sig. Even if his personal handgun.

And he'll no I'm not adding my name to a list that could very easily threaten my fellow country men, if I'm forced to do without then they can to, atleast we will be somewhat even. All though they have a corrupt system protecting them, I got........

Jason.

actually, they are carrying 38 specials as their duty firearm. On my walk from my office to south station, I pass 4 to 5 of these guys every day. They are all carrying 38 specials.

Sorry but every time something like this happens the podium is packed with the "Thin Blue". THEY choose which side they are on. We want to play nice but we keep getting stabbed in the back. They can hop over to the AG's Twitter feed and Facebook page and ask for support there. I'm sure those folks will welcome them with open arms and put the pressure on so that they get the equipment that they want.

Last edited:
So you, a LEO, are saying we should go out of our way to help a Special Leo become even more special so maybe he and his friend can help us get our rights back?

Now THAT's funny.

Question : did you and your friends sign it?

Id have to think the OP didnt really do his homework on this lol.
I totally get mpd61s ideas on this, but the current climate is certainly not one where any pro 2A guys (myself included) are gonna help out LE on anything, let alone some play police wanting to carry modern roscoes and have the word police on their patches.
I wouldnt sign it either

Sorry but every time something like this happens the podium is packed with the "Thin Blue". THEY choose which side they are on. We want to play nice but we keep getting stabbed in the back. They can hop over to the AG's Twitter feed and Facebook page and ask for support there. I'm sure those folks will welcome them with open arms and put the pressure on so that they get the equipment that they want.

I dont know about packed on this latest, I obviously saw that ****ing idiot Brooks in his uniform, but I dont recall any others, but I only saw a couple pictures.

What exactly are "special police officers"? What jurisdiction do they have and what are their responsibilities?

Also, last I heard their personal LTCs were restricted in Boston.

In Boston in particular, store security people and business security people are sworn in as Boston Special Police. The only LE authority they have is the power of arrest on the property that they work at during their working hours.

I would not be surprised at all if they all had restricted LTCs for work only.

Hey, that could be why he is a "Special"

The comments aren't much better. I'd love to read their incident reports. I mean, c'mon, do they really forego basic grammar and spelling at the Academy?

Indeed. Many cops can't write a decent report to save their lives. They made a point of teaching us how to write a report properly when I went thru the R/I police academy back in the 1980s.

No idea what kind of training is or is not required for Boston Special POs.

Special Police,are just security guards with arresting powers in the location they are working at.Guys that want to be cops,but for some reason didn't make it.Boston police does not like them,and makes sure that in no way they look like real police.

Very true. I worked as a BC PD Aux. PO with the head of security for Haymarket Square. He was rotund, very pushy and wanted in the worst way to be in charge of all of us (we reported to a BCPD FT Sgt and had no structure within the Aux. ranks). He was not someone I would really want to give police powers to, however I'll bet that he was a Boston Special due to his job.

Correct.

Although I'm sure they make more than a security guard .

I'll bet not! When I looked into armed security they typically paid about $0.50-1.00/hour more for armed vs. unarmed and that was in the range of $7.50-10.00 back then. Not much for the risk that they take.

I'm certain that there is no "organization" to the Boston Special Police. They are small groups of individuals with specific limited powers in their jobs. There is no structure to it.
Most are not people you really want running around with a badge and a gun.

I've been told COP Brooks' rank and file are "bullshit" about him doing this. Or at least some.

You are correct. Many of the mcopa members are pissed as well. Ive known that boob my entire career (28 ****ing years and counting lol), hes nothing but a used car salesman.

I've been told COP Brooks' rank and file are "bullshit" about him doing this. Or at least some.

Comes with the turf if he's president of MCOPA. They are (as a group) 150% anti-2A and if they could disarm their boots on the ground they would be all for it. They lobbied against LEOSA, so I doubt that they represent rank and file in any way whatsoever. They also killed off a proposal to modernize the police academies as has been done in other states. I'm not even sure that Bill Brooks personally supports the AG BS, but in his role, he has to support her as MCOPA's hero. [puke2]

If they want love from us, they should show us love, first.

I dont know about packed on this latest, I obviously saw that ****ing idiot Brooks in his uniform, but I dont recall any others, but I only saw a couple pictures.

I may have embellished a bit. Mea Culpa. But the facts are I never see any statement from the ranks denouncing this type of gun grab. I fully understand just how uncomfortable that would be for the rank and file member but I would expect the Union to make a statement that denounces any gun grab. That seldom, if ever comes.

I can assure you I am not anti cop. I want every officer that trots his ass out to a cruiser to be equipped to the point that he, at the very least, has equal fire power. I also want that very same cop to afford me the courtesy of the same.

You obviously have not clue what the OP is talking about. Most special police officers in Boston work for private companies and have severely restricted police powers. One of the most common examples are people who work for companies like Longwood Security and who patrol private housing developments in Dorchester, Roxbury, and other parts of the city. Rule 400 is a Boston Police Department rule that governs their uniforms (must have red stripes on pants) and equipment. It restricts SPOs to .38Spl revolvers and I think limits them to 18 rounds, but it might be 12. For a long time they were required to wear badges that were square in shape and identified them as special police.

Jason.

just starting to read this thread, i do not think the OP is aware of the total disgust that the DA Healey has stired up, and how that inadvertently taints our feelings about ANY law enforcement people in the state! I know the OP is not in bed with Healy, but when one government power starts usurping our rights, that broad brush paints every one. Consequently, we do NOT have the police officers backs anymore. Especially when you see some of the police chiefs up on stage when healy is making her royal proclamation.

Now MAYBE if we saw police chiefs across the state coming out against Healy's proclamation, or even the police union doing so....then you could probably start counting on our support again.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom