Petition for Boston Special Police Officers

Status
Not open for further replies.
This petition is for Boston SPOs, to be able to have rule 400 changed and updated and equipments, uniforms and have the word police once again on the bade and patch as it used to be, including the change of firearms from .38 special revolver to an updated firearm with the rest of law enforcement field.

The more signatures they can get will help the cause.

https://www.change.org/p/city-of-bo...msg&recuruit_context=fb_share_mention_variant

Hell no! No more special elevated status for any police officer. If "mere" citizens are restricted then so too, should be every law enforcement officer, and private security agent.

After 7/20 I feel as if I'm already living in the Dystopian future predicted by Ayn Rand... Not sure I can get behind a petition to willingly embrace Orwells' Animal Farm too.

So you want us to help arm people that will follow orders from the AG? [troll]

If I can't legally own modern firearms why should they?

What exactly are "special police officers"? What jurisdiction do they have and what are their responsibilities?

Also, last I heard their personal LTCs were restricted in Boston.

I think people here are super unaware of what a Boston SPO is. They're not going to be kicking down your doors anytime soon guys. They're like sworn security, employed by housing projects, hospitals, schools and the like, just like SSPO's.

"...the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed"

so let's look at the definition of people:

peo·ple
ˈpēpəl/
noun

1. human beings in general or considered collectively.

2. the men, women, and children of a particular nation, community, or ethnic group

I think people here are super unaware of what a Boston SPO is. They're not going to be kicking down your doors anytime soon guys. They're like sworn security, employed by housing projects, hospitals, schools and the like, just like SSPO's.

so are they people like everyone else? or people that are more equal?

Last edited:
not more power or authority, to be able to have modern fire such as semi auto hand guns etc..

Not trying to nit pick here but if you are not looking for more power or authority, why does the word police need to go on the badge and patch.

Only way I'd ever put my name on this is if it includes a written rule that the firearm needs to be rostered and follow the ag's list.

In general I'm a supporter of law enforcement. There are some bad, and some awful, who get into the business and don't belong. But I've in general had very positive interactions.

Except for the Boston Special Police. Never in my life have I been treated in such a rude, condescending and threatening manner for asking a simple question about parking. The two guys were absolute *******s.

The only petition I would sign would be to disband them. I'm betting if one looked under the surface they are a bunch of political hacks and appointees who would normally not be stable enough to work at a corner store.

Those who know me know I'm very even tempered and respectful. It takes a of a lot to get me this pissed off, and their arrogance and attitude told me all I needed to know about them.

Rich

Last edited:
To the OP... after July 20th you're not going to get a whole lot of sympathy here. There were to many "Thin Blue" on the podium backing up the AG. Wrong crowd here. Why don't you run over to the AG's Twitter feed or Facebook page and ask them for help. I'm sure they'll jump right on it.

They should be able to get the job done with a sling shot because, they are special. A petition to help police yeah that's gonna happen![rolleyes]

.38 Special revolver is really all you need. Well, that and a 1970's mustache to perform your duties.

If the BSPO comes out and supports us on 8/28/16, then I can support them. Since I don't see that happening, then keep on pew-pewing with your .38 Special.

Perhaps the author of the petition should learn to spell, or at least spell check, and take a class in basic English grammar if he hopes to be taken seriously.

Perhaps the author of the petition should learn to spell, or at least spell check, and take a class in basic English grammar if he hopes to be taken seriously.

The comments aren't much better. I'd love to read their incident reports. I mean, c'mon, do they really forego basic grammar and spelling at the Academy?

Special Police,are just security guards with arresting powers in the location they are working at.Guys that want to be cops,but for some reason didn't make it.Boston police does not like them,and makes sure that in no way they look like real police.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom