Pete's Gun & Tackle, Hudson N.H.

I stopped at Pete's Gun & Tackle on 3A in Hudson N.H. today.

Very nice people, they don't mind if you walk around and browse.

But it's one of those places that your better off asking for what you want because you'll never find it on your own. It's an old style gun shop with stuff all over the place.

I called them in the morning looking for large pistol primers and they had them. A little expensive because they were Remington but he told me that. At this point just finding primers is a score never mind worrying about the price.

They frequently have bricks of CCI standard velocity for about $26.
Only downside: I have heard a few times, the owners giving erronious info to MA residents regarding how to go about getting your LTC. I have both times told the individuals to visit GOALs website for accurate information...

Nice enough place, been in there a couple of times.

Collectors in Pelham is close by check them out sometime

Gun and Sport North in Salem gets high marks from me too

I stopped in a couple of weeks ago to try and get some black powder. They don't carry the actual, just the 'substitute'... The place smelled musty and I have to question if there's not mold there. I actually have a mold allergy and started to get a reaction as I was leaving.

No intention of returning there again. Especially with all the other gun stores in the area, in NH.

I have nothing constructive to say. Pete Goyette was an ******* to my family, so **** him. The one time I went in there, after Pete died and I said my name, that was the end.

They have long memories, and so do I. **** that place.

I stopped in there for my first time today for a look-see.
Lot's of stuff crammed in there, but most of the handguns are stacked up in boxes behind the back counter.
They had a good selection of long guns in the rack, lot's of AR's, shotguns and plenty of ammo, but no .22's.
The prices looked reasonable, but I lived in Mass all my life until a few months ago, so they may be high by NH standards. [laugh]
The two guys working there were pleasant and helpful, and showed me the items that caught my interest with no pressure to make a purchase.
I checked out a nice early model High Standard target pistol which looked reasonably priced, as well as an oddball AR variant chambered in 5.7x28 with a top mounted horizontal 50 round magazine.
I didn't have much time to browse this time but I'll be back again.

I agree, they're an old-style gun shop. I haven't been in years, but I used to go when Pete was alive. They were always nice to me, though Pete was a;ways kinda tweaky, and the old guys sitting around chatting would eyeball you when you came in, and that was always a little intimidating. The reason I don't go anymore is that I live in Milford, and there are a ton of close gun shops around here. But one of these days, I will stop in again.

I like Pete's. I don't know the backstory with Ron, but they've always been helpful and pleasant to deal with. And not just with me. I've seen them help quite a few people out on various trips and they do treat customers well.

Old-skool store for sure, but well stocked. Tons of stuff right now. Except of course .22. But Mike has gotten in .22 on a regular basis over the last year.

Stopped into Pete's on the way back from collectors in Pelham. a nice shop. had a mosin T53 ($169) That looked refinished. It was in nice shape. I thought about it but I got too many mosins I don't shoot now. a couple other older guns around which is what I was looking for. nothing hugely special on the CR front.
plenty of new guns ARs etc.... if you are going by, I would stop in. I would not make it a special trip

mike (pete's son) is one of the friendliest gun store owners that i've met.
his ammo prices are decent. firearms prices are typical local retail.
the store has been cleaned up somewhat. it still has the old-fashioned feel to it.
the more modern styled blackwater firearms did not survive the area, so pete's must be doing something rite.

Huh. Blackwater has come and gone already? Never got a chance to get over there. Weren't they owned by the Shooter's Outpost owners or something?

Maybe I might have to try again, I live 5 minutes from them. I swung by several years ago on the way to WalMart and they wanted almost $8 for 20 rounds of Wolf/Tula 7.62x39. That turned me off to the whole place, that and it was just crammed with stuff (some covered with dust!), every nook and cranny with a couple paths here and there, and they didn't seem all that interested in helping me.

+1 on Blackwater gone already. Son's buddy across the street went there and got a S&W M&P15 from them and was pretty pleased, got his .mil discount and seemed pretty pleased with the whole deal, had meant to check them out but I guess it's too late.

Last summer when powder was really hard to find they had shipments coming in pretty consistently at decent prices. I always found them friendly

Huh. Blackwater has come and gone already? Never got a chance to get over there. Weren't they owned by the Shooter's Outpost owners or something?
yep. i don't know why, but i'm very curious. i believe the owner of pelham firearms partnered up with another person (ex-military?) to setup blackwater. PF was very tastefully setup as well. i think one of them is in construction, so that may be why.

from my perspective a lot of things were done properly: short distance to MA, hi-tech firing range, neatly organized store layout, friendly staff, SOT3 license, featured in the local paper, hit the big-crazy-gun-sale period. their prices were ok before the craze.

apparently the trailer-range wasn't that popular. they got rid of that a while before the store closed.

i think their remaining stock was sold to the shooter's output. maybe that's what you're thinking?

their website is still active, which i find irresponsible. i sent an email (to the address listed on the website) a while ago and was never replied to. domain was setup in Mar 2012 and set to expire in Mar 2016.

No connection between MFLR/SO and [thread=246303]Blackwater[/thread]:
UnionLeader said:
When a successful local builder teamed up with a former SWAT team member in a business venture, it was almost guaranteed that the outcome would be big - and high caliber.

Steve Desjardins is the contractor, and Chris Chronopoulos is the former cop. Together they formed the state's latest gun shop, Blackwater Firearms Co.
Story goes that they tried to buy out Pete's, and when the family wouldn't sell, went into business across the street, where they eventually learned that "Spite" does not make a good business plan.

Last edited:
Has anybody had any experience in buying a handgun and having Pete's transfer it to a MA FFL?

Has anybody had any experience in buying a handgun and having Pete's transfer it to a MA FFL?
I went the other direction (bought a handgun from a MA resident, Pete's did the transfer), and it was a routine transaction for them, with their location I would think they see a lot of transactions going to MA.

Last edited:
Work took me over their way this week. The place has the look, feel, and SMELL of a great 70's and 80's shop, right down to the paneling and carpet. Not some firearms boutique steeped in hipster douche faggotry. Picked up a couple reloading items,(new old stock). The place could do with cleaning, dusting, and organizing; wish they were closer to home. People were friendly, and were happy to let me root around on the shelves. A shit ton of potential here.

Last edited:
Pete's in Hudson on a rainy day

Stopped in at Pete's on a rainy day, the shop didn't have the same musty smell that it used to have. Seems like they've done a little (very little) work on the place, maybe even cleared out some dust.

Friendly staff and good stock of new and old guns and gear. If you haven't been in a while, worth a (re)visit.

Last edited:
Update on Pete's: The only change in the last 3 years is that they now have the digital 4473 system, and the lines in the parking lot are somewhat more faded.

If you're in the neighborhood, check them out.

Back
Top Bottom