PETERBOROUGH, NH, FEB. 19-20, 2011, WINTERSEED SPONSORED BY KIFARU INTERNATIONAL

Firewall99

RWVA Instructor
***DOWNLOAD COLOR FLIER BELOW TO PROMOTE THIS SHOOT***

Kifaru International is sponsoring February's Winterseed shoot!

Kifaru is USA manufacturer of custom survival equipment for back country hunting and winter camping (http://www.kifaru.net/).

To keep us all warm, they are donating the use of their one-of-a-kind, 24-man heated tipi! You have got to see this thing. It has miniature stove with a smokestack that goes through the "roof." It heats the interior to t-shirt warmth, and you can cook on it.

Kifaru will also have catalogs for all their other stuff. The catalog is also downloadable from their web site.

Andy_in_NH, a former US Marine mountain warfare instructor, will be on hand instructing at the shoot. If students are interested, he has offered to teach some basic winter survival techniques.

Appleseed instructors will be sleeping in the Kifaru tipi overnight. You can, too, if you have the proper sleeping gear. If you are ready to rough it, please PM Andy_in_NH for a reservation and further information.

Monadnock Rod & Gun, Inc. (MRGCI) has graciously offered to open their kitchen for both days of the shoot. Not only will there be lunch available for a small fee, they will be cooking breakfast, too! The kitchen opens at 7:30 AM.

Wherever you wake up, please consider eating a low fat, high protein meal to start the day. Protein is the primary fuel that runs the body's heat engine. Protein also results in a long, slow, steady burn, whereas fat and sugar burn off too soon.

To maximize your protein intake while minimizing the bulk in your stomach (that you'll be lying on), I recommend egg white omelets. Egg white is an albuminoid, which is 100%, 24-carat protein. I have 4-5 egg whites and add some salsa to spice it up. Then I'm good and warm until late afternoon.

I believe that Andy recommends bringing high calorie trail mix to keep the body topped off.

Check the flier below for this shoot!

[The flier won't fit on NES due to it's file size being greater than 300k. You may download it from the Appleseed site here:
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=20226.0]

Back
Top Bottom