Peter Green, Fleetwood Mac Co-founder Won't be Down for Breakfast

greencobra

NES Member
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
talanted musician/guitarist. if in conversation someone brought up peter green you knew they had a deep knowledge of music. back about 1973-74, I went to music city in kenmore square looking for blues records. the salesman i was talking to said i couldn't go wrong with...and he digs out a double live album of "peter green's fleetwood mac live in chicago." I wore that recording out. rip peter.

looser38

NES Member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
RIP, I love everything about Fleetwood Mac, except the drama, but that's life.
Many, many, many years of GREAT music!

GiveMeLiberty

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
talanted musician/guitarist. if in conversation someone brought up peter green you knew they had a deep knowledge of music. back about 1973-74, I went to music city in kenmore square looking for blues records. the salesman i was talking to said i couldn't go wrong with...and he digs out a double live album of "peter green's fleetwood mac live in chicago." I wore that recording out. rip peter.
I have my dad's old copy of that record. When I was a kid that album was an introduction to the greatness of Chess Records. Game changer for me. Can't go wrong with the Fleetwood Mac Live at the Boston Tea Party, as well...

He may be gone, but that guitar is going to out live us all and will probably end up in a museum somewhere before it's all over. It's the most valuable 1959 Les Paul in the world.
If I'm not mistaken, Gary Moore had that guitar before he died. Not sure where it is now, but I agree, a museum would be a good place for it.

greencobra

NES Member
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
RIP, I love everything about Fleetwood Mac, except the drama, but that's life.
Many, many, many years of GREAT music!
green was gone long before nicks and buckingham showed up. the original fleetwood mac was a blues band. just saying, not criticizing. john macvie and mick fleetwood were in the original band though. I saw a quote in greens obit today that when he was asked why he named the band fleetwood mac he said so macvie and fleetwood would have a band to be in when he left them.

greencobra

NES Member
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
If I'm not mistaken, Gary Moore had that guitar before he died. Not sure where it is now, but I agree, a museum would be a good place for it.
you're correct, moore had it. i believe it was, of all colors, green. theres a couple of early moore vids on youtube with him playing it. and also a vid about where it went after moore got rid of it. i'm ashamed to say i haven't watched that video so i don't know the story.

looser38

NES Member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
green was gone long before nicks and buckingham showed up. the original fleetwood mac was a blues band. just saying, not criticizing. john macvie and mick fleetwood were in the original band though. I saw a quote in greens obit today that when he was asked why he named the band fleetwood mac he said so macvie and fleetwood would have a band to be in when he left them.
Yes, aware of some of that, nice history lesson, and there is a lot of it.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have my dad's old copy of that record. When I was a kid that album was an introduction to the greatness of Chess Records. Game changer for me. Can't go wrong with the Fleetwood Mac Live at the Boston Tea Party, as well...

After Moore died, the guitar ended up being purchased by Kirk Hammett. The Headlines at the time stated he purchased it for somewhere in the neighborhood or 2 million bucks. Hammett denies this. I'm not sure how many hands it passed through before Kirk purchased it but the video below shows exactly why this guitar is so special:

Kirk Hammett tours with this guitar today and travels everywhere with it. And there are tons of Twitter/Instagram photos of famous guitar players posing with this guitar. It's the Holy Grail of '59 Les Paul's.

GiveMeLiberty

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not that anyone cares but the pop band fleetwood mack had green inducted into the hall of fame also as a nod to their roots.
Yep, and unfortunately, Bob Welsh got snubbed.

After Moore died, the guitar ended up being purchased by Kirk Hammett. The Headlines at the time stated he purchased it for somewhere in the neighborhood or 2 million bucks. Hammett denies this. I'm not sure how many hands it passed through before Kirk purchased it but the video below shows exactly why this guitar is so special:

Kirk Hammett tours with this guitar today and travels everywhere with it. And there are tons of Twitter/Instagram photos of famous guitar players posing with this guitar. It's the Holy Grail of '59 Les Paul's.
Interesting, I had no idea he ended up with the guitar. Now that you mention it I remember hearing Kirk Hammett name Peter Green as an influence.

greencobra

NES Member
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
The Headlines at the time stated he purchased it for somewhere in the neighborhood or 2 million bucks. Hammett denies this.
haha, this tid bit jogged a brain cell or 2...about the price, but i still didn't know who had it until now. i would have bet the house that moore painted that green, oh well. @Broomcorn thanks for the info, i like this stuff.

Top Bottom