• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Personal Transfer through a eFA10

After messing up two serialized FA10s this morning during a FTF Transfer, I decided to try the eFA10 system. I had read several threads about people having issues with them / not wanting to use them but as someone that appreciates new technology, I figured I would give it a shot. The system worked unbelievably well. All you need to enter is the seller's LIC # and Pin and the Buyers LIC # and last name on the first page, the system returns all of the seller's and buyer's information, which you are able to review and confirm, then you enter in the firearm information, then review and confirm it on the next page and click submit. You receive an on screen message confirming the submission and asks you to print a copy. The print copy opens in the browser as a PDF file which can be printed and / or saved. I am really impressed with the ease of use of this system.

Curtis

After messing up two serialized FA10s this morning during a FTF Transfer, I decided to try the eFA10 system. I had read several threads about people having issues with them / not wanting to use them but as someone that appreciates new technology, I figured I would give it a shot. The system worked unbelievably well. All you need to enter is the seller's LIC # and Pin and the Buyers LIC # and last name on the first page, the system returns all of the seller's and buyer's information, which you are able to review and confirm, then you enter in the firearm information, then review and confirm it on the next page and click submit. You receive an on screen message confirming the submission and asks you to print a copy. The print copy opens in the browser as a PDF file which can be printed and / or saved. I am really impressed with the ease of use of this system.

Curtis

At least the tyrants on bacon hill make it easy for us to submit to their oppression, yeah?

At least the tyrants on bacon hill make it easy for us to submit to their oppression, yeah?

So, if you fill out pdf blank copy(not to send in) at the time of transfer, give the buyer a copy, and use the info to do an E FA-10 when you get home, all will be good? Does the buyer have to be preasent when doing th E FA-10? Do you have to send him a copy of the E FA-10? Thanks.

So, if you fill out pdf blank copy(not to send in) at the time of transfer, give the buyer a copy, and use the info to do an E FA-10 when you get home, all will be good? Does the buyer have to be preasent when doing th E FA-10? Do you have to send him a copy of the E FA-10? Thanks.
I would assume that since the E FA-10 requires the LTC holders PIN that they would have to be present at the time of filing (typing in this field on the E FA-10 shows the characters as placeholder text so as not to give your pin away to someone shoulder surfing).

I'm not giving out my PIN to someone to "key in later".

I would assume that since the E FA-10 requires the LTC holders PIN that they would have to be present at the time of filing (typing in this field on the E FA-10 shows the characters as placeholder text so as not to give your pin away to someone shoulder surfing).

I'm not giving out my PIN to someone to "key in later".

It requires the seller's PIN, not the buyer's.

- - - Updated - - -

The point I was trying to make was apparently lost on you, I guess.

Have done two Transfers via E-FA10's in the past two months. So far now issues, "Knock on wood", no unexpected visits, or knocks on the door, so far.
Still have two Paper FA10's around. My guess soon to be collector's items, LOl. They are my back ups.

Have done two Transfers via E-FA10's in the past two months. So far now issues, "Knock on wood", no unexpected visits, or knocks on the door, so far.
Still have two Paper FA10's around. My guess soon to be collector's items, LOl. They are my back ups.

Who said anything about "visits"? The issue is that the FA-10 and eFA-10 systems are unconstitutional and impose unfair constraints (especially the eFA-10) on citizens attempting to exercise their God given rights.

If ever "visits" happen it would probably be in the context of a Katrina type of disaster.

There is plenty of reason to be angry about the defacto gun registration system we have without being paranoid about midnight knocks on the door.

....The system worked unbelievably well. [snip] I am really impressed with the ease of use of this system.

Curtis

Between your original post and your last sig line:
the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed
there seems to be quite a bit of irony, no?

I see no irony whatsoever. My post is about an electronic system that is far easier than the paper system. If there was no FA10 process before and then they implemented the electronic system, that might apply.

I see no irony whatsoever. My post is about an electronic system that is far easier than the paper system. If there was no FA10 process before and then they implemented the electronic system, that might apply.

I find the paper system extremely easy. There is even a cover page to tell you how to do it, in big, bold letters. I don't even know how many of those forms I have filled out, and I have never had 1 single issue. [thinking]

This is why I don't sell guns.

And I definitely find no joy in the fact that cooperating with BS registration laws is now easier or more convenient.

I find the paper system extremely easy. There is even a cover page to tell you how to do it, in big, bold letters. I don't even know how many of those forms I have filled out, and I have never had 1 single issue. [thinking]

X2! If I make a typo, I just put a line through it and keep going.

"Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!"

I've probably ****ed up at least a half dozen of them. Depending on the severity of the mistake sometimes I just included a note with the correction listed on it. Never had a problem.

I've used the E-FA-10 system and it is easy, provided you have access to a pc and it works for the transfer you are doing. I don't like the fact that it exists but if it comes down to doing or not doing a transfer, I'm using the system if I have no paper form. There's a line in the sand where "not doing a transfer because you don't have a paper form" means that the state wins... and that sucks worse than the E-FA-10 system does.

IMO the worst part about the E-FA-10 system is all the lies that are printed on the main pages about MA gun law. That's the part that pisses me off the most- the state is lying to its own citizens about what the law actually requires.

-Mike

I've probably ****ed up at least a half dozen of them. Depending on the severity of the mistake sometimes I just included a note with the correction listed on it. Never had a problem.

I've used the E-FA-10 system and it is easy, provided you have access to a pc and it works for the transfer you are doing. I don't like the fact that it exists but if it comes down to doing or not doing a transfer, I'm using the system if I have no paper form. There's a line in the sand where "not doing a transfer because you don't have a paper form" means that the state wins... and that sucks worse than the E-FA-10 system does.

IMO the worst part about the E-FA-10 system is all the lies that are printed on the main pages about MA gun law. That's the part that pisses me off the most- the state is lying to its own citizens about what the law actually requires.

-Mike

Yeah I hear you about doing a transfer period. I will use the online system if it comes down to it. I am not going to not sell a gun just because this system is in place. That's silly. I am hoping that they let us use the paper FA-10's forever though, because for me I just think it's easier.

Yeah I hear you about doing a transfer period. I will use the online system if it comes down to it. I am not going to not sell a gun just because this system is in place. That's silly. I am hoping that they let us use the paper FA-10's forever though, because for me I just think it's easier.

The main benefit of the paper form is if you are engaged in horse trading. Sometimes people like to bring two or three guns out to the range, shoot stuff, then make a deal on the spot. Obviously the E-FA-10 system sucks for doing that. Also useful for spontaneous deals here and there that might arise.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom