Person Shot At Mass Firearms In Holliston, MedFlight Called.

RIP, sad for this to happen to anyone.

I've gotten hot brass down in my bra many times, seems to be my own. Not fun, but a good test of composure.

My first club it seemed that I was always being pelted by my own brass, some between glasses and cheek and another sat on a chain I wore burning my chest.

Some has to do with the way brass is ejected from any particular gun, others have to do with the roofing overhead and any angle to it, etc.

I got a hot .45 shell between my glasses and eyelid once, now I always wear a hat with a brim when I shoot.

After my experiences, I also shoot with a hat all the time. It minimizes the problem. A high neckline shirt/blouse is appropriate as well.

Happened to me too. Was loading a new magazine at the last stall in range two when some jacketing hit my neck. Felt like a friggin bee sting.

Last time I was there the jack wagon next to me started firing bird shot at a zombie 5 yards out. Sure, his girl was impressed but The rubber backing was throwing a good number of pellets back At everyone. I took one on the chin, left, and found about a dozen more in my range bag. Come to find out they don’t allow bird shot on the range, I wonder why??

Still love MFS and their selection though.
Sad day indeed.

$52K for my wife's Medflight. After the insurance co. (BCBS) denied all appeals and not paying one cent, we settled with the helo billing company for $1500.00. BCBS went back and forth between not medically necessary to we didn't fly to the closest hospital back to not medically necessary. She ended up with a temporary pacemaker implanted on an emergency surgery at the Brigham and then a permanent one the next day, they paid for both of those though.
Good for you getting the bill down to 1500.
Hope your wife is well.

How is it that these copper jackets are separating so easily??? Do they have a crappy backstop setup or something????

I got a hot .45 shell between my glasses and eyelid once, now I always wear a hat with a brim when I shoot.
I HAD 1 1911 that liked to eject the brass straight back at my forehead. I never noticed until the day I failed to wear my ball cap. I ended up using a paper plate to help deflect brass the rest of the day! No idea what others on the range thought of me. [rofl]

In 2007 my wife broke her ankle right near the summit of Monadnock. Med flight to Concord NH. I worked for a small company at the time and the CEO/owner said, we don't pay as good as other companies but I believe in nothing but the finest healthcare. We paid $150 for the Med Flight and BCBS picked up the rest.

In 2007 my wife broke her ankle right near the summit of Monadnock. Med flight to Concord NH. I worked for a small company at the time and the CEO/owner said, we don't pay as good as other companies but I believe in nothing but the finest healthcare. We paid $150 for the Med Flight and BCBS picked up the rest.
Last summer I took an ambulance ride from a walk in clinic to the ER with heart attack concerns. BCBS sent me a check for less than half of the bill, and told me to pay the local FD myself for it. It was about $1500 for my part.

Stopped in today and they were doing a brisk business. The walls are pretty bare of the normal rifles. Lots of people in and out and cars everywhere.

the "good ole days" when insurance was affordable and actually covered stuff.

Last summer I took an ambulance ride from a walk in clinic to the ER with heart attack concerns. BCBS sent me a check for less than half of the bill, and told me to pay the local FD myself for it. It was about $1500 for my part.
Yeah, but you can get FREE BIRTH CONTROL!

Boston MedFlight is also nonprofit so they eat a lot of the cost. The major hospitals in Boston all share the cost of operations.
Well there sure as shit would have been a nice profit if the $52,000 bill had been paid without negotiating.
There is a time and place for everything, but these MedFlights are getting carried away.

the "good ole days" when insurance was affordable and actually covered stuff.

Yeah, but you can get FREE BIRTH CONTROL!
you would think that if a male requested a vasectomy that they would jump to pay the full cost, right? I mean its a fraction of the cost of a pregnancy / another person on the family plan. But nope, it will cost me a small fortune due to not coming close to the deductible so far this year.

Well there sure as shit would have been a nice profit if the $52,000 bill had been paid without negotiating.
There is a time and place for everything, but these MedFlights are getting carried away.
Really? Think you could charter a helicopter similar to theirs for much cheaper? Plus, their operations costs and overhead are much higher than a charter operation.

How is it that these copper jackets are separating so easily??? Do they have a crappy backstop setup or something????

Probably some kind of bullet deflector, and it has dents in it. If it has dents in it, and a bullet (or a piece of sliding jacket) hits a dent, it won't send the jacketing into the bullet trap at the correct angle.

So very true. Many "non-profits" arrive at zero profit by paying huge bonuses to their senior executives.
Non-profits can retain cash to be used in furtherance of their goal, but they do not have owners and shareholders who have a claim on those profits.

Guidestar.org is a great source for this. Some CEO salaries: Susan B Komen - $552K in 2019 (no wonder they sue anyone who uses the phrase "for the cure" in advertising); Pan MA Challenge - $789K in 2018; Peaceful Valley Donkey Rescue - $65K in 2018; Comm2A - $0; National Kidney Foundation $367k in 2018.; GOAL $95.5K. Oh, and let's not forget Wayne LaPierre (non-profit but not 501(c)(3))

My test for "reasonableness" is opportunity cost. If the salary in a 501(c)(3) non-profit charity is about equall to what the person would get in the private sector, it makes sense. If, on the other hand, these people could not command a similar salary in privae industry, it's a scam. Do I think Jim Wallace would be at the $100Kish level by now if he worked in private industry? Almost certainly. Some of the others? A bit less certain.

Last edited:
Like The Kennedy Center ???
They're a non-profit, and loaded with former top Obama Administration people.
Funny how Pelosi made sure they got $25m in the first covid19 relief bill, even though it had nothing to do with covid19.

So very true. Many "non-profits" arrive at zero profit by paying huge bonuses to their senior executives.

Yup, and/or buy lots of property "for use by the non profit" Ha Ha Ha... it's amazing that the non profit needs a remote HQ in Turks and Caicos.

Or the board members needed a executive meeting somewhere else exotic.

I’ve only been hit once there by spatter. Did get hit in the neck just this Saturday by a shotgun pellet off steel. That was outside.

I’m more worried about some of the public that goes in. Seen a lot of stupid stuff. Plus I don’t just shoot pistol.
You can shoot rifle there, but it has to be of pistol caliber. 12ga shotty can be fired but ammo must be purchased from MFS. (Unless the rules have changed).

Back
Top Bottom