Person Shot At Mass Firearms In Holliston, MedFlight Called.

I used to prefer the indoor range. You don't have to wait for a cold range to setup. You don't have to pause for other people to set targets. You can set your distance for whatever you happen to be working on.

That being said... now I much prefer using an action pit, but there aren't as many of them around.
Harvard and Hopkinton. What other clubs in Metrowest have them?

Just read this off the news alert pager:

Holliston, MA *Shooting W/Medevac* 100 Kuniholm Dr. CMD Req Medflight. LZ Will Be Warren Center In Ashland. 10:46am

The address sounded familiar, it's Mass Firearms.

Whoa!

Coincidence I received an email this afternoon informing me the range is closed for maintenance?

Mass Firearms Closed for Maintenance

$52K for my wife's Medflight. After the insurance co. (BCBS) denied all appeals and not paying one cent, we settled with the helo billing company for $1500.00. BCBS went back and forth between not medically necessary to we didn't fly to the closest hospital back to not medically necessary. She ended up with a temporary pacemaker implanted on an emergency surgery at the Brigham and then a permanent one the next day, they paid for both of those though.
A friend of mine paid out of pocket to fly from one hospital to another.
Hospital 1- amputate arm
Doc at hospital 1 said doc friend at hospital 2 could save it, if he got there fast. It was 200 miles away.
Arm saved.
Edit: dirtbike accident

Last edited:
Nope, Not their fault. I like MFS. I’ll be back there, I will shop there.

But if you look at my posts, recently I was looking for a new club anyway because my membership was expiring and I also shoot rifles...

I hadn’t seen you other posts so I didn’t have any context beyond this post so I misinterpreted your post.

Bob

I hadn’t seen you other posts so I didn’t have any context beyond this post so I misinterpreted your post.

Bob

It was in the hopkinton sportsman’s association thread a week or so ago. One of the few clubs I was considering as it’s even closer to me than MFS and I’ve shot uspsa there.

I’ve been to AFS after some of their issues in the past.

I apologize if it seemed this was the reason. Honestly it’s about shooting rifles, trap shooting etc.

That said, I stand by my comment of seeing stupid stuff there (and elsewhere) Lol.

Last time I was there I took one to the neck, well behind the dividers, a few times before that I took some to the eyewear. Thats not the problem.
Happened to me too. Was loading a new magazine at the last stall in range two when some jacketing hit my neck. Felt like a friggin bee sting.

Last time I was there I took one to the neck, well behind the dividers, a few times before that I took some to the eyewear. Thats not the problem.
I've gotten hot brass down in my bra many times, seems to be my own. Not fun, but a good test of composure.

Last edited:
It was in the hopkinton sportsman’s association thread a week or so ago. One of the few clubs I was considering as it’s even closer to me than MFS and I’ve shot uspsa there.

I’ve been to AFS after some of their issues in the past.

I apologize if it seemed this was the reason. Honestly it’s about shooting rifles, trap shooting etc.

That said, I stand by my comment of seeing stupid stuff there (and elsewhere) Lol.

No worries. No apology necessary.

I am in Metro west...the real metro west....where we have dragons and such so I never would have looked at the Hopkington Club thread.

I have wanted to do IDPA for a long time now but never made the jump as I have a hard time getting around.

I’m lucky that I can usually go during the week to keep the stupid crap shows to a minimum. It doesn’t eliminate it but it keeps it down.

Your post just caught my attention as Florida wouldn’t accept my wife’s pistol course because it didn’t have the instructor number on it, it was an older course with live fire, so she had to get another course completed and back to them in 30 days or re-apply and start over so it needed to happen quickly. She went to MFS for the course and said that they were awesome. Literally raving about how welcoming and professional they were for a week.

As we all know, women aren’t always welcomed and made to feel comfortable in the shooting sports.

Bob

No worries. No apology necessary.

I am in Metro west...the real metro west....where we have dragons and such so I never would have looked at the Hopkington Club thread.

I have wanted to do IDPA for a long time now but never made the jump as I have a hard time getting around.

I’m lucky that I can usually go during the week to keep the stupid crap shows to a minimum. It doesn’t eliminate it but it keeps it down.

Your post just caught my attention as Florida wouldn’t accept my wife’s pistol course because it didn’t have the instructor number on it, it was an older course with live fire, so she had to get another course completed and back to them in 30 days or re-apply and start over so it needed to happen quickly. She went to MFS for the course and said that they were awesome. Literally raving about how welcoming and professional they were for a week.

As we all know, women aren’t always welcomed and made to feel comfortable in the shooting sports.

Bob

MFS has a ton of good points. First I’ve never been subjected to fudd rules. Second I took a few classes there. Low light and point shooting, great real world instructor.

Their ltc classes always seem packed.

As for idpa, go watch a match, take the intro class, then sign up. I know and have seen some people that might not be the most mobile/agile shoot. It’s a lot of fun and good practice. I’m an idpa safety officer. PM me if you have any questions.

How much back and forth did it take, and how far in the process did it get (collections?) before they settled for just over 3% of asking.

The price does not surprise me. My insurance paid $9300 for a no lights, no siren, routine transfer from Framingham Union to Tufts Boston. I should have taken an Uber.

Rob, it took 10 and a half months with BCBS appeals. The Helo billing co has folks that are dedicated to fighting the insurance companies because they fight almost every one.

Back
Top Bottom