• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Person Shot At Mass Firearms In Holliston, MedFlight Called.

You can shoot rifle there, but it has to be of pistol caliber. 12ga shotty can be fired but ammo must be purchased from MFS. (Unless the rules have changed).

I need a place to shoot rifle calibers. Plus the range is not long enough to really stretch out a .22 (in a rifle) or a PCC.

Would not bother to shoot a shotgun there.

For pistol it’s great. I can draw from a holster, no mag limits or any of the “time between shots” BS

I need a place to shoot rifle calibers. Plus the range is not long enough to really stretch out a .22 (in a rifle) or a PCC.

Would not bother to shoot a shotgun there.

For pistol it’s great. I can draw from a holster, no mag limits or any of the “time between shots” BS
How long is the range there?

$52K for my wife's Medflight. After the insurance co. (BCBS) denied all appeals and not paying one cent, we settled with the helo billing company for $1500.00. BCBS went back and forth between not medically necessary to we didn't fly to the closest hospital back to not medically necessary. She ended up with a temporary pacemaker implanted on an emergency surgery at the Brigham and then a permanent one the next day, they paid for both of those though.

Well there sure as shit would have been a nice profit if the $52,000 bill had been paid without negotiating.
There is a time and place for everything, but these MedFlights are getting carried away.

$52k isn't out of the ordinary for a Medflight. Insurance companies hate to pay anything and lots of times you can negotiate the remainder of the bill.

The real question is How much is your life worth to you?

I know of cases where the patient ended up owing around $12k after the fact and I for one would be just fine paying that just to be alive.

$52k isn't out of the ordinary for a Medflight. Insurance companies hate to pay anything and lots of times you can negotiate the remainder of the bill.

The real question is How much is your life worth to you?

I know of cases where the patient ended up owing around $12k after the fact and I for one would be just fine paying that just to be alive.

YUP! you owe someone money until the day you die what is another bill...

How much back and forth did it take, and how far in the process did it get (collections?) before they settled for just over 3% of asking.

The price does not surprise me. My insurance paid $9300 for a no lights, no siren, routine transfer from Framingham Union to Tufts Boston. I should have taken an Uber.

Anyone on an HSA plan which is a lot these days, would have to pay the full deductible of $6500 to $9000 on just that one bill.

You can shoot rifle there, but it has to be of pistol caliber. 12ga shotty can be fired but ammo must be purchased from MFS. (Unless the rules have changed).

They never said anything to me about buying shotgun ammo from them when I took a shotgun class there at the beginning of the year. I'm pretty sure everyone in the class brought their own.

Yes it does say that. But you can provide your own. As long as 00.

They are great people there!

Thanks.

Thank god for you and your tips.
They USED TO pay big coin to some old hag named "Dear Abby" for advice and tips.
It only makes sense to follow in her footsteps, become an "influencer" online, and make serious bitcoin!

... Plus on the outdoor range at most clubs you can't advance the firing line outdoors. When shooting pistol I prefer the indoor range unless I'm shooting steel of course. When I am testing reloads or shooting for accuracy I'm always in the Indoor range. Much easier to crank the wheel and move a target to any distance I want. Outdoors im stuck to 25 yards.
(That's ironic. At my (unnamed) club, all indoor targets must be cranked to the full 50',
but at an outdoor range you can advance the line as long as everyone shooting is at the same distance).

(That's ironic. At my (unnamed) club, all indoor targets must be cranked to the full 50',
but at an outdoor range you can advance the line as long as everyone shooting is at the same distance).

The reason that some clubs have prohibitions on the indoor range, is that many target hangers will tend to make the trajectory of the rounds higher. The solution is to have a target backer that lowers the target, so that you have the same point of impact on the backstop. Unfortunately, there are knuckleheads.

The reason that some clubs have prohibitions on the indoor range, is that many target hangers will tend to make the trajectory of the rounds higher. The solution is to have a target backer that lowers the target, so that you have the same point of impact on the backstop. Unfortunately, there are knuckleheads.
Yup. We have red hangers for 0 to 25 feet and black hangers for 25 to 50 feet. Red ones are shorter (keeps the target up higher) so when your close up your not putting bullets on the floor at the base of the backstop.

Range wall is color coded so you know which ones to use. Unfortunafely....even with this simple and easy to use system......we still have knuckleheads. I show up all the time and see guys with the black hangers shooting a target cranked out only 10 feet (yeah i know.....we have guys that shoot at 10 feet) and bullets are just about bouncing off the floor near the backstop. I have to try very hard not to lose my shit on them......and instead professionally remind them to use the right length holder.
f***ing retards.🙄

Last edited:
Simple solution. Use different length target holders.

Yup. We have red hangers for 0 to 25 feet and black hangers for 25 to 50 feet. Red ones are shorter (keeps the target up higher) so when your close up your not putting bullets on the floor at the base of the backstop.

Range wall is color coded so you know which ones to use. Unfortunafely....even with this simple and easy to use system......we still have knuckleheads. I show up all the time and see guys with the black hangers shooting a target cranked out only 10 feet (yeah i know.....we have guys that shoot at 10 feet) and bullets are just about bouncing off the floor near the backstop. I have to try very hard not to lose my shit on them......and instead professionally remind them to use the right length holder.
f***ing retards.🙄
This is a great example of trying to make something idiot proof but then a better idiot comes along. I feel your pain.

Non-profits can retain cash to be used in furtherance of their goal, but they do not have owners and shareholders who have a claim on those profits.

Rob, I have always struggled with the Non-profit vs Not-for profit distinction. Churches for example.
Got any wisdom on the subject? Srsly. "Like I'm a two year old" Great movie, btw.

ETA: I found this before I hit enter.
1592880665004.png

Back
Top Bottom