• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Person Shot At Mass Firearms In Holliston, MedFlight Called.

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
Just read this off the news alert pager:

Holliston, MA *Shooting W/Medevac* 100 Kuniholm Dr. CMD Req Medflight. LZ Will Be Warren Center In Ashland. 10:46am

The address sounded familiar, it's Mass Firearms.

hopefully not a rental suicide

Don't think so, it's most likely an N/D.
I just found another alert from a few minutes earlier:

Holliston, MA *Shooting* 100 Kuniholm Dr. SVCS O/S At A Firearms School With A Person Shot In The Stomach. Believed Accidental. EMS Treating. ALS E/R. Req Medflight. 10:38am

I guess that person won't be getting their Basic Firearm Safety Certificate today.

Holliston, MA *Shooting* 100 Kuniholm Dr. SVCS O/S At A Firearms School With A Person Shot In The Stomach. Believed Accidental. EMS Treating. ALS E/R. Req Medflight. 10:38am
Appendix carry?? Drawing and didn’t keep their finger off the trigger??

Damn, hope he's ok.

I guess that person won't be getting their Basic Firearm Safety Certificate today.

People go to the range at 10AM on a Tuesday? Shooting indoors on nice day too. Odd.

Wow, early this morning I was thinking about sneaking away from the computer today and getting some range time at MFS. Hope the dude has a speedy recovery. I wouldn't want to see his bill for the MedFlight.

People go to the range at 10AM on a Tuesday? Shooting indoors on nice day too. Odd.
Why not?

Also for those not paying attention, most new england private clubs haven't been running meetings last 3 months, let alone signing on new members. Commercial ranges are literally the only places for some people to shoot at right now.

Why not?

Also for those not paying attention, most new england private clubs haven't been running meetings last 3 months, let alone signing on new members. Commercial ranges are literally the only places for some people to shoot at right now.
This. Plus on the outdoor range at most clubs you can't advance the firing line outdoors. When shooting pistol I prefer the indoor range unless I'm shooting steel of course. When I am testing reloads or shooting for accuracy I'm always in the Indoor range. Much easier to crank the wheel and move a target to any distance I want. Outdoors im stuck to 25 yards.

Friend found a FB post staring the person was hit in the face. But saw the stomach above.

Either way, my membership runs out in just over a week there

So time for a new club.

Friend found a FB post staring the person was hit in the face. But saw the stomach above.

Either way, my membership runs out in just over a week there

So time for a new club.

Not sure it's their fault someone got shot, but I stay out of there because I keep getting hit by copper jacketing.

Not sure it's their fault someone got shot, but I stay out of there because I keep getting hit by copper jacketing.

I’ve only been hit once there by spatter. Did get hit in the neck just this Saturday by a shotgun pellet off steel. That was outside.

I’m more worried about some of the public that goes in. Seen a lot of stupid stuff. Plus I don’t just shoot pistol.

Wow, early this morning I was thinking about sneaking away from the computer today and getting some range time at MFS. Hope the dude has a speedy recovery. I wouldn't want to see his bill for the MedFlight.
We were billed $65K for one a few years ago. Fortunately insurance covered most of it

This^
You can't be too careful with bio hazard material these days.
I hope everyone was wearing their covid masks.
Actually the risks from blood are splatter and contact. Due to employment/OSHA regulations, it might be nece$$ary to call a $ervice certified for biohazad cleanup.

Hope the person makes it. Suicide is unlikely since the abdomen is not generally a target in such cases.

We were billed $65K for one a few years ago. Fortunately insurance covered most of it

$52K for my wife's Medflight. After the insurance co. (BCBS) denied all appeals and not paying one cent, we settled with the helo billing company for $1500.00. BCBS went back and forth between not medically necessary to we didn't fly to the closest hospital back to not medically necessary. She ended up with a temporary pacemaker implanted on an emergency surgery at the Brigham and then a permanent one the next day, they paid for both of those though.

e settled with the helo billing company for $1500.00.
How much back and forth did it take, and how far in the process did it get (collections?) before they settled for just over 3% of asking.

The price does not surprise me. My insurance paid $9300 for a no lights, no siren, routine transfer from Framingham Union to Tufts Boston. I should have taken an Uber.

I used to prefer the indoor range. You don't have to wait for a cold range to setup. You don't have to pause for other people to set targets. You can set your distance for whatever you happen to be working on.

That being said... now I much prefer using an action pit, but there aren't as many of them around.

Back
Top Bottom