• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Permit process taking more than 8 weeks, have you done anything about it?

First, did you wait more than 8 weeks to get a notification (approve/deny) regarding their permit application?

If you answered yes; did you do anything about it?

At this link (http://www.ccdl.us/resources/permit-issues) there is a printable letter directed at the Board of Firearms Permit Examiners notifying them of the violation of CGS 29-28a. Has anyone here utilized the letter?

What became of it? Did you get your permit and then notify BFPE? Did BFPE contact you before you got your permit?

I ask because it has been ~10 weeks since submitting my application, and about a week since mailing the letter to BFPE.

when I did mine I called on the day the 8 weeks was up, local pd said they hadn't gotten anything back, I called the next day same story, third day I called they rudely told me it was on the chiefs desk and I would get a call later that day.

picked up my temp that after noon and got my permanent the next day. they know the law they just hope we peons don't make them follow it.

Got my temp Thursday, over 13 weeks after application was handed in.

BFPE called and left a message Friday. Called back today to let them know I got my permit and my request could be cancelled.

The woman at BFPE was very nice and apologized for it taking so long for me to get my permit. She also said that even though my request is cancelled it is logged to show that my town broke the law.

So did I do my civic duty, or am I just a June bug hitting the windshield of a mac truck speeding down the highway?

For what its worth, sent in my out of state renewal form this past Friday. Have to say that I did receive the renewal packet from the CT State Police within the 90 day window for renewal. The renewal paperwork and fee ($70.00) was not hard or time consuming to complete and reasonable, respectively. Lets see how long this takes. My only mistake is that I did not send it in registered or priority. Oh well.

For what its worth, sent in my out of state renewal form this past Friday. Have to say that I did receive the renewal packet from the CT State Police within the 90 day window for renewal. The renewal paperwork and fee ($70.00) was not hard or time consuming to complete and reasonable, respectively. Lets see how long this takes. My only mistake is that I did not send it in registered or priority. Oh well.

Wow! Just received my CT Non-Resident renewed Pistol Permit in the mail today. About a week or so!

So what are our options to deal with this. I'm currently at 13 weeks with the town of Trumbull. I've called repeatedly but I either don't get a call back or I hear that I should hear something this week. I've printed out the form so I'm prepared to go that route if need be.

My recommendation is to send the letter to the BFPE, even if you call to cancel the request shortly after. At least it will go on record that Trumbull has violated the law.

My recommendation is to send the letter to the BFPE, even if you call to cancel the request shortly after. At least it will go on record that Trumbull has violated the law.

Thank you. Ill do that. Still nothing back as of today. The worst part is that when I spoke to the secretary for the detective bureau, she told me everything was back. So I know they're just sitting on it.

Back
Top Bottom