• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Permanently Plugging High Cap Magazines to 10 rnd

Quick question on the legality of converting a high-capacity handgun magazine to a 10-round low-capacity.

Magpul sells $15 dollar Glock 17 mags. Can I do the following to convert them into MA compliant 10-round mags:

1. Go to NH, purchase the mags
2. While still in NH, epoxy a plastic 'plug' into the base of the magazine, such that the magazine cannot accept more than 10 rounds, no matter how hard you push.
3. Epoxy the floor plate onto the magazine, so there is no way to disassemble the magazine/undo the plug without destroying the mag
4. Wait for the epoxy to dry
5. Drive back to MA and enjoy my $15 glock mags.

Copied from GOAL: "or that can be readily converted to accept, more than ten rounds of ammunition"

Thoughts?

Preban or buy 10 rounders

This.

Glock mags aren't expensive and you aren't going to buy a ton of them. Driving up to NH, getting equipment to pin them, spending time to pin them, all to save, what $5 each on 6 mags? What's the point?

Anyone who tells you there is a legal standard for what is "readily convertible" is making stuff up, as there is at present no legislative or judicial standard.

Read above ^^^^ what this guy said...

Quick question on the legality of converting a high-capacity handgun magazine to a 10-round low-capacity.

Magpul sells $15 dollar Glock 17 mags. Can I do the following to convert them into MA compliant 10-round mags:

2. While still in NH, epoxy a plastic 'plug' into the base of the magazine, such that the magazine cannot accept more than 10 rounds, no matter how hard you push.
3. Epoxy the floor plate onto the magazine, so there is no way to disassemble the magazine/undo the plug without destroying the mag

Copied from GOAL: "or that can be readily converted to accept, more than ten rounds of ammunition"

Thoughts?

Dick Clark says, "you have fun with that...."

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks everyone. I was more wondering about the legality, not the practicality. I'm a do-it-yourself type, so I figured I could save a few bucks over 5 range mags.

Thoughts?

...or just move to NH, much less work [rofl]

(just joking guys, just joking)

Back
Top Bottom