• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Perfecta 9mm (and other calibers)

Ha anyone tried it? Really cheap at Walmart and was just looking for some opinions or experiences before I grab some.

I had some 5.56. It ran fine through my Windham. I have some nine but I haven't shot it yet.

I fell for the cheep price at Walmart also 9mm. had a lot that failed to fire out of my m&p 9. I even recycled and had a few still.the bitterness of poor quality stuck around long after the sweetnes of the low price was gone.

Perfecta 9mm and 45 is utter garbage. I have found that crap ammo has incredible variable charge. Some rounds barely leave the barrel....i have tried multiple batches and same issue. One round goes pop with no flash, next round sounds like a 1/4 stick of dynamite......no thanks i value my fingers and guns too much for Perfecta ammo.

for point of comparison, I like brassmaxx, steel tulammo or wolf....no real issues w lower grade ammo just the Perfecta I cannot stand it.

I grabbed the stack of it when I saw it $10.97 for a box of 50, same price as tula. My glock will eat anything so cant go wrong. I havent shot it yet.

Perfecta 50 round boxes are Brassmaxx and made by Fiocchi.
perfecta, Brassmaxx and Fiocchi 50 rd boxes of 223 are the same.
the 100 round cans of Brassmaxx are diff, are you looking at those?
the 50 round boxes of Tula/Brassmaxx and Perfecta are made at Fiocchi. Box (which is smaller than most 50 round boxes )and even the plastic insert is the same.
View attachment 132690View attachment 132691 View attachment 132696---these are also the same 223, made by Fiocchi .View attachment 132693View attachment 132694View attachment 132695

Last edited:
The perfecta .45acp bullet and primer looked different when imlast compared them. Regardless as I said I did not chronograph any perfecta ammo. I would have loved to. My experience is summarized as 3 different times purchasing it in 2 different calibers and it was awful inconsistent. I have never fired the .223 perfecta and I never will. I am glad itmworks for,you. On the flip side, know guys who wont shoot any steel cased ammo and I have had no particular problems w TulAmmo or WPA. The perfecta ammo is the only brand if ammo I categorically avoid. None of this should really matter so much. I am done discussing this topic.

I've tried the 9,.40 and .45. I had no cycling issues with any of it, but the poi on the nine was way off from my other ammo so gave up on it.

Perfecta 9mm and 45 is utter garbage. I have found that crap ammo has incredible variable charge. Some rounds barely leave the barrel....i have tried multiple batches and same issue. One round goes pop with no flash, next round sounds like a 1/4 stick of dynamite......no thanks i value my fingers and guns too much for Perfecta ammo.

for point of comparison, I like brassmaxx, steel tulammo or wolf....no real issues w lower grade ammo just the Perfecta I cannot stand it.

I just shot some tonight for the first time and have the same opinion. Stuff is garbage several FTE and felt way underpowered. I could feel the difference when compared to WWB and Federal that cycled fine. I won't buy it again

Last edited:
blasted through 100 rds thursday not one issue ammo but then again I use glocks. maybe its underpowered compared to other factory loads but they are all a little different and stuff i shot was consistent out of my gun.

I just shot some tonight for the first time and have the same opinion. Stuff is garbage several FTE and felt way underpowered. I could feel the difference when compared to WWB and Federal that cycled fine. I won't buy it again
45 or. 9? I haven't shot the 45 but not 1 issue with the 9 in 300 rds in the last few weeks

Guess i'll have to pay close attention to it when I shoot the last 200rds of it. So far no issues in the xds9 and G26. Blazer Aluminum was an issue in the shield and Glock many months ago so I never shot it again.

Perfecta just showed up in the local Walmart. I picked up some 115 Grain 9mm last week. Ran 50 rounds through my Glock 34 without issue and another 50 through my Kimber Target II again without issue. Seemed accurate enough, consistent, no different than any of the other 115 gr target ammo I run for practice.

Bought some of the 308 Perfecta last night cuz I need to get some rounds on my PA10 and I don't have any brass yet. Should get to the range Sunday to test it.

I had a couple boxes of perfecta, no issues to report in my glock 17. I try to stay away from it though. I have had awesome luck with BrassMaxx, great brass ammo for training. Also love the federal aluminum.

Back
Top Bottom