• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Pepper Spray in RI

depicts

Army Veteran
NES Member
Does RI prohibit non-licensed people to use/buy/possess pepper spray.

I livve in Ma, but drive to Providence often and it's on my key ring. Just wondering if I could get in trouble.

I did search this forum, but didn't find anything.

http://www.rilin.state.ri.us/Statutes/TITLE11/11-47/11-47-57.HTM

§ 11-47-57 "Mace" or similar substances. – Any person eighteen (18) years of age or over may carry on his or her person and use, unless otherwise prohibited by law, any non-lethal noxious substance or liquid for his or her protection or the protection of others; however, the use of any non-lethal noxious substance or liquid for any other purpose shall be punishable by a fine of not more than twenty-five dollars ($25.00)

however, the use of any non-lethal noxious substance or liquid for any other purpose shall be punishable by a fine of not more than twenty-five dollars ($25.00)

a 25 dollar fine ay?? Im not 100% sure, and am too lazy to look it up, but I think improper use of mace in MA is a felony

Yeah, for only 25 bucks I could afford to give a "Free OC training class" to a few of the dickheads I know! LOL

however, the use of any non-lethal noxious substance or liquid for any other purpose shall be punishable by a fine of not more than twenty-five dollars ($25.00)

a 25 dollar fine ay?? Im not 100% sure, and am too lazy to look it up, but I think improper use of mace in MA is a felony

In MA you need a FID card just to purchase

Back
Top Bottom