Pepper spray expiration

I had an older one. I was going to try it out once, and stood back, turned my head, and pushed the button. It dribbled out and maybe went 3 feet. Tossed that sucker out, and quick!

The one I have now, the writing is all worn off. I have a replacement around somewhere which is newer. I should probably test/toss the old one. I'll let you know how it goes.

I think the new one is Mace brand, with pepper and Mace in it. Double whammy. Got it at Barrows Hardware Store in Worcester. Got pink ones for my wife and daughter as stocking stuffers.

Seriously? It’s like 15.00 for a brand new LE size can. That is some serious f***ing skinflinting right there. lol
Not quite. The small, pocket size ones (slightly larger than a chapstick, smaller than a "travel" shaving cream) are around that much now.

Last edited:
I replaced my department's cans when they expired. It's idiotic to find that it fails when needed. the propellant can fail or the active ingredients. Cheap insurance. The 80 or so cans went to the academy for training . My people were supplied with it.

Duh....Paper cuts sting
nR1FHr.gif

There is no chemical mace in OC (Oleoresin Capsicum) these days, it was banned years ago as being unsafe. “Mace” is now just a company name as far as I know.
You need the triple-action stuff.
Well, at least if you're battling Gorns.
(Won't be surprised if virtually nobody actually has it; jus' sayin').

There is no chemical mace in OC (Oleoresin Capsicum) these days, it was banned years ago as being unsafe. “Mace” is now just a company name as far as I know.
Wrong.

The good stuff:
  • STRONG TRIPLE ACTION 3-IN-1 FORMULA – The unique combination of OC pepper spray and tear gas causes profuse tearing, shortness of breath, and disorientation, while UV dye leaves a long-lasting residue to support investigation and identification.

Mace Brand Self-Defense Triple Action 3-in-1 Formula, 10' Pocket Pepper Spray with Tear Gas and UV Marking Dye​

Amazon product ASIN B0002INJTEView: https://www.amazon.com/Mace-Defense-Police-Strength-Personal/dp/B0002INJTE/ref=pd_lpo_200_t_1/139-2473352-5870805?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B0002INJTE&pd_rd_r=1861e550-2fef-4e1d-8efb-f7e06f8ca813&pd_rd_w=FeETz&pd_rd_wg=6I7NZ&pf_rd_p=337be819-13af-4fb9-8b3e-a5291c097ebb&pf_rd_r=6EAXDZT2Y65CFJCV1R2R&psc=1&refRID=6EAXDZT2Y65CFJCV1R2R

many more choices:

Thanks for the reminder!

I am going to pick up a couple of those Mace ones with the triple chemicals.

"STRONG TRIPLE ACTION 3-IN-1 FORMULA – The unique combination of OC pepper spray and tear gas causes profuse tearing, shortness of breath, and disorientation, while UV dye leaves a long-lasting residue to support investigation and identification."

My mother carries one from the 80s. I told her it won't work. Bought a new one. She carries the old one. So I guess 40 years is fine? Lol

The sauce is probably still hot... but the accelerant and seals are probably junk, so all the skin flints considering expired stuff? Enjoy saucing yourself

My mother carries one from the 80s. I told her it won't work. Bought a new one. She carries the old one. So I guess 40 years is fine? Lol
You know there’s only one way to find out. It’s your mom dude you have to. And we want video. lol

Back
Top Bottom