1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

People who respond "Use Search" in a post annoy the crap out of me and your an ass!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Rockrivr1, Jun 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. matt1956

matt1956

not for nothing, but i have used the search an number of times and not knocking it, but it kinda blows most of the time

2. Blitz1

Blitz1 NES Member

Sig 229 or nothing. [wink][devil]

3. CRSIII

CRSIII

[rofl][rofl][rofl][laugh2][rofl][rofl][rofl]
    This thread made it much further than I ever thought possible.
    An indicator of the civility that exists here. (sometimes)[smile]

1 person likes this.
  4. LKB3rd

LKB3rd

If you didn't want to interact with people, you could probably google most questions just as well as you could use the the search function. Forums are about interaction, and even if the question has been asked 100 times, there are new members, and new interactions which might produce a new spin on old questions. If that annoys you, I agree with those who say just click another post that doesn't annoy you.

5. vellnueve

vellnueve

The people who really annoy me are the ones who bump their own (usually repeated 10000 times) posts 5 minutes after posting because they're impatient.

6. sdavid

sdavid

What about my "an ass!"?

I suppose I could search on it.

7. MrsWildweasel

MrsWildweasel Moderator NES Member

One of the things about this board is we have tried to keep it Newbie friendly and it doesn't matter how many times something gets asked, it will still get answered whether it was discussed last month or last week.
    They don't know and when you're first getting into the sport you have all these questions and we have a wealth of knowledge on this board.
    So it is my suggestion to those that have a problem with it don't click on the thread, and don't answer it if you feel it annoys you some one else will be more than willing to help the Newbie out.

8. Bob P

Bob P NES Member

Fixed it for ya [wink]

9. Greg

Greg

I have a Target gift card with $.29 on it.

10. Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke

No you don't.

11. ScottS

ScottS NES Member

How annoying is it? Is it more annoying than people who cannot understand the difference between "your" and "you're?"

12. Greg

Greg

Your right,I don't.

But I am going to Target tomorrow and try to buy a Chicklet or something with it.

13. Asaltweapon

Asaltweapon NES Member

Internet heros is my standard thought when I see it.

Pisses me off enough to have second thoughts on supporting a forum. Really makes me wonder of the age group I may be willing to deal with.

In the end I just linger and wait some more. I'm not worried about my next check or where I'm willing to spend my dough. I'm not the guy picking up cans on the side of the road.

14. drgrant

drgrant Moderator NES Member

I have no problems with people asking the same crap over and over again, but they are doing themselves a disservice by not conducting a little bit of research on their own in addition to whatever responses they get here. Even just spending a few hours poking around on the board (and not even using the dreaded "search function") can yield results and a ton of information. One of the BEST things about NES is that old threads exist on the forum and don't get summarily destroyed.

-Mike

15. Dench

Dench

thats not as annoying as the people that actualy care if its used correctly on this board.

16. Lilorfnannie

Lilorfnannie

Haha [laugh] Well said! [smile]

17. Lilorfnannie

Lilorfnannie

English is not everyone's strong suit. I'm good at English, it's just they way my brain works but forget math, even pretty simple math. Thankfully my inability to do simple equations isn't tested in a forum [smile] I'm not going to beef with anyone that doesn't spell correctly or use good grammar. English might not even be their first language for all I know, or maybe they are dyslexic, or having a bad day and they are tired- who knows.

Overall this is a very good forum- mostly it is the mods that set the tone for any forum so I applaud the Mods for making this a place that is friendly for Newbies. [grin]

18. ScottS

ScottS NES Member

I doubt you appreciated the irony of spelling "actually" wrong.

Sorry, but "speeling" and "grammer" errors that would make a middle-schooler blush are an indication of just how much thought went into a post. We're supposed to assume that someone has a cogent thought to express, but can't be bothered to review what they wrote prior to hitting submit? How long does that take? 30 seconds? For Christ's sake, iespell is freeware.

19. EDD

EDD NES Member

I too hate whenever I see "search is your friend". Searching for previous posts on a particular subject could result in bad information. Threads about gun laws, firearms pricing etc. are outdated pretty quickly here in MA.
    It's a forum. If someone wants to talk about something and you don't simply move along.[smile]

20. Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke

I hear you. Those tools exist and it drives me nuts too when people think that their thought is so important that it doesn't matter how they convey it. But the simple truth is we grandfathered Dench's "creative" spelling and punctuation almost a year ago. That means you can't pick on him and must find someone else. Trust me, the fodder is thick.

1 person likes this.
  21. Dench

Dench

grammar and spelling are such a weakness for me that when i hit spell check all i generaly do is fix the ridiculous typos that are so bad its difficult to figure out what im trying to say.

if you think that my effort and skill of my english writing are a equal sign of my knowledge of some of the topics that i contribute to on this board then that is your loss, not mine.

22. z0mbi

z0mbi

Guys. The internet is serious business.

How come I can ask any one of you face to face at the range if you prefer a 1911 over a Glock, or an AK to an AR, and you'll not only give me an answer but tell me at length and in great detail why you feel that way.

...but on the forums, I'd get chewed out for asking a noob question. :\

If I had a speech impediment (or some other real world equivalent of horrible grammar) would you bash me for it to my face and tell me that my problem is I'm just not putting in the time and effort to speak correctly?

23. Dench

Dench

right. no one here has yet to say anything mean to me in person about my grammar here, or my shitty vocal communication in person.

if your going to call me out here, you might as well do it the next time you see me in person! [rofl]

24. z0mbi

z0mbi

I also agree with this, so what I do is when someone posts a thread asking the difference between their ass and their elbow, I simply don't reply.

25. vellnueve

vellnueve

There have been no changes in gun laws since the 2004 AWB...

26. MrsWildweasel

MrsWildweasel Moderator NES Member

You know as much as you guys want to bitch and moan about it no one is asking you to reply or click on the thread, someone that is willing to help the newbies out will answer them.[thinking]
    You're all whining like it is horrible. You all were newbies here once also and I am sure more than a few have annoyed many too with your silly questions.

27. EDD

EDD NES Member

I was thinking more on the lines of compliance (AG BS). Thanks

Last edited: Jun 15, 2009
  28. ScottS

ScottS NES Member

Silly analogy. How is someone who has an impediment to speech equivalent to someone too lazy to speak correctly? Unless laziness is now an "disability."

And do you think that if people with a speech impediment had the cure literally at their fingertips...literally(!), that they would willfully choose not to correct their impediment? If you do, then you've never lived with someone with a speech impediment.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2009
  29. Rockrivr1

Rockrivr1 NES Member

Hey! Stop trying to pick a fight on my post. If you want to be a spelling -grammer nazi go start you own post and be a dick there.

30. RI_John

RI_John

it's grammAr !

just causing trouble! [smile] [smile] [smile] [wink] [wink] [wink] <--- is that enough to know I'm trying to be funny???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.