People who now want a gun but can't get them thanks to our laws

Exactly.....we've had that convo in the past and exactly as you stated......total hypocracy

It's like they're immune to hypocrisy. I was pointing out to a millennial that she was posting on Twitter that the 2A didn't apply to modern weapons because the Founders didn't envision them. On Twitter. Nothing. No recognition of the absolute inconsistency of her position.

COMPLETELY disagree.

i have no clue how old you are. Your background. Your views or anything else about you. I have been in this game since the 1986 ban.
this is the first time in my life time that people are together, on both sides of the fence. Everybody is scared. Everybody sees the fragility of where we are now. And FINALLY the general public realizes that the police CAN NOT be everywhere. And if stuff goes sideways they are on their own.

hell these guys are having a breakdown over toilet paper.

now is exactly the time to show them the error of their ways. Now is the time to remind them thapey said “no one needs a gun”. “The police will protect you”. Nobody needs a 6 round magazine etc..

now is the time to have them completely readjust their thinking. Based on their own needs, fear and possible immediate future.

Maybe those who are in the "I dont have a problem with guns, I just dont need one" group might change their minds due to an event and keep with a self sufficient mindset, but the ones who have politicized gun grabbing ideals will not.

Remember these are the people who believe YOU shouldn't have guns but have no problem thinking they can because they are superior.

Once this event is all over, they would be the first ones to turn in the firearm at their police station and go to an anti gun rally

Last edited:
At any point in time society is only 9 meals away from complete breakdown.

This has been true throughout history.

When food becomes scarce, people become savages.

And savages that steal food from others will most likely end up as food for worms.

At any point in time society is only 9 meals away from complete breakdown.

This has been true throughout history.

When food becomes scarce, people become savages.

Only semi-on topic, but that is where I think things will fold up, if they do. I don't know whether the number is 9 or 6 or 12 but I'm pretty sure it's not 15. People will tolerate a lot. You don't need to provide a circus, but you do need to provide bread. If the food chain fails or even becomes significantly unreliable, civil society (which is never more than wallpaper-thin) could easily come apart. I will volunteer that I don't think that's inevitable or even likely, since it hasn't happened in Italy, which seems to be further out the COVID-19 curve.

An independent in Ma is just a DemoCRAP who wants to pretend to look reasonable. That’s why 99 times out of 100 they vote to take our gun rights away and vote DemoCRAP.

Wrong.

I'm an Unenrolled voter, so I can pull a (D) ballot to put the weakest candidate forward.

If you an enrolled (R) in DPRM, you just restrict your choice.

What do you think happens to these folks when the food banks run out?
I know what happens. The question was: "Is it happening now?"
Are homes being broken into, and the occupants robbed on a large scale as compared to Pre-Covid?

The Potential, I got. The Reality is what I was looking for.
Have you, your friends, your family, your neighbors been looted?

I haven't actually seen an increase in Home Break-in reports. Why are people turning fearful? Things seem quiet out there.
Why are new people really looking to arm themselves...?

Gotta be careful how I word this...

Took a PT job last year at *********** . I sell firearms. It's not a career, just some pt work for some extra scratch each week 18-20 hours.......My co workers are great. I still do my "real" gig that I've done for thirty years....but I'm kicked back, semi-retired.
sooooooooooooooooooo

Not sure how to describe this customer other than in a complete panic, obviously knows nothing about firearms other than the constant lies spewed out on the stupid box. I have a pretty good idea how he voted, but not gonna say, you can guess.

Him: "I need to buy a gun."
Me: Sure sir, may I see your permit?
Him: "I don't have a permit."
Me: Sorry sir I can not sell you a firearm.
Him: Looking around at the other 75 people in line (this was late March before we limited in store customers to 50). "I need to buy a gun" (well, THAT'S an instant shut down there..."need", like he's gonna go home and auger one into his wife's forehead or something) , "what about the gun show loop hole?" I heard a few snickers and chuckles from the people standing behind him in line. I looked at him incredulously, but decided to roll with it....
me: looking to my left and to my right to check out where my leads were... none in sight. good I told him: Sorry sir we ended the gun show loop hole last Tuesday.
More laughter from others in line. Customer is getting pissed.
Him: "What about a hunting license?"
Me: We sell those downstairs sir.
Him: "Can I buy a gun if I get a hunting license?"
me: Sorry sir, no.
Him. "Can I buy a license for a gun"
Me: Sorry sir, we just sold the last one at ten am this morning, not sure when we'll be getting more in.
Crowd is now laughing at this clown.
Him: totally pissed now, getting LOUD>>>> "This is total bullshit, so tell my how do I get a permit?"
Me: First you find a Firearm safety instructor and take a safety course, they vary in price from about $85 to $125, depending on where you go locally. After taking that course and passing it, take your cert and go to your local PD. Apply for a firearm permit, either for concealed carry or long gun...Fork over some more money, get fingerprinted and the bkgnd check starts, wait a few months and when the local permit comes in go to the State fork over more $$$$$ and get the State permit....the whole process takes 4-5 months.... Oh, wait, I just forgot, the State isn't doing bkgnd checks now for new permits. You're S.O.L.
Him: Irate... veins popping in his forehead.... yelling now... "I Can't Believe this!!!!! Who's responsible for this?"

Me: Little wink and a smile "Who'd ya vote for sir"?

I walk over to the ticket counter and pull the string....... "NEEEEXXXXXTTTTTT"

Everyone in line is clapping.

I got my LTC from Hamilton about 2 weeks ago, and used my Hunter Ed from sept 2001. Keep in mind guys that not everyone who wants to buy a gun now is a liberal or panic-buying due to a crisis. I interviewed with PD in January before any talk of covid, and was planning on heading to KTP the day I got my license to pick up a 12ga. A week before I got my license Kittery had at least 50 used 870s for sale, the week I got it they had like 4. I have a friend in the same boat as me, got his LTC a week ago and we’re both right wing and both SOL
That's the thing though, you and your friend started down this road prior to COVID just as my brother did. The surge being seen now is post COVID. Most folks that never bothered, even if they leaned independent, stayed away from guns because they went along to get along with others in their lives. They lacked the courage to take a stand up until this point in their lives and they will again once this is all over. Their peers will bully them and they'll more than likely fold because they fear being mocked and ostracized from their little groups.

They're f***ing cowards, and we don't need them.

You may be right but you'd better hope your wrong, otherwise you can write off MA now, just give up.

The whole country has written MA off, including lots of people on this board( true gun culture people) who have smartly voted with their feet and moved out of MA directly because of the harassing gun laws.
If you want to stand and bang your head against a brick wall for the rest of your life, be my guest. I'll be on my range out back having the time of my life. I don't have time to contend with MA foolish gun laws or the cops that so willingly enforce them.
If you think you as a gun owner are going to change the laws in MA you need your head examined.....the leftists who supported the people who made those laws are going to have to be the ones who demand that change.

Have you not yet noticed the number of companies around the country who will not ship anything to MA? The market is not there and the minimal gains are just not worth the potential losses due to the communistic AG and MA legislature.

The whole country has written MA off, including lots of people on this board( true gun culture people) who have smartly voted with their feet and moved out of MA directly because of the harassing gun laws.
If you want to stand and bang your head against a brick wall for the rest of your life, be my guest. I'll be on my range out back having the time of my life. I don't have time to contend with MA foolish gun laws or the cops that so willingly enforce them.
OK, so you're not really reading my posts are you, or you'd know why this doesn't make sense.
If you think you as a gun owner are going to change the laws in MA you need your head examined.....the leftists who supported the people who made those laws are going to have to be the ones who demand that change.
No individual is. That's why everyone needs to work together to make change happen.
Have you not yet noticed the number of companies around the country who will not ship anything to MA? The market is not there and the minimal gains are just not worth the potential losses due to the communistic AG and MA legislature.
TSUSA seems to be doing OK

Yes, I am reading your posts. You've yet to make the sale to me.

Of course no individual is.........neither is any group of current gun owners.....no matter how large or how much money they spend.....and nobody should have to pay to exercise their rights.

You are fighting a multi facetted mass media propaganda machine that has been honed and fine tuned for over half a century......and it has been effective in the extreme convincing the vast majority of lefties in MA that guns are bad.
That is why only the leftists will be ones to get the laws changed. It's simple math.......you are out numbered and the nukes have already been dropped. Get out while you can and stop supporting the tax base of a state that oppresses your rights.....gov and population both.

I'd venture a guess that TSUSA is supplying state or municiple contracts. I don't have access to their sales records but given a lifetime of accumulated first hand knowledge of how corrupt MA government is, I'd bet money on it.

Just as there is always an exemption in the gun laws for the police vs the masses, there is probably an unwritten hands off policy with TSUSA......or, they are very well connected and greasing the right palms.

Last edited:
I was contacted the other day by someone I would characterize as an acquaintance - not really a friend, but we've met a few times and had some conversations. In our conversations the fact that I'm a gun owner came up, so I wasn't overly surprised when he contacted me. The jist of his message was:

"I used to think guns weren't necessary. Now I realize that's not true, how will I protect my family if things go downhill? Yesterday I looked into the process to get a gun, but I realized I can't take any gun safety classes since they're all shut down. Is there anything I can do?"

I told him basically he's SOL, get some pepper spray and hope for the best. I refrained from giving him the whole "You supported gun control? THIS is gun control. Congratulations!" speech.

How many other conversations exactly like mine do you think are happening throughout MA, and other states like it? Anyone else here had non-gun-owner friends/family/acquaintances contact them with a similar question?

I haven't had any conversations with anyone like this yet, but I hope that I would restrain my baser instincts to laugh in their face....

The wife has gotten exponentially more pro-gun during this whole mess though. She got her license about 2 years ago, but doesn't even blink when I'm LARPing out in my backyard doing dryfire drills now.

I had that conversation yesterday with a high s school friend and I’m in my 50s. I told him, this for him is a self inflicted wound. Told him that he can still buy a antique and hope to god he can find ammo. All you can do at this point. No matter how much you shook them to wake up they didn’t. He asked for masks also. lol I love my family more. Ok warned him in January about that too

No individual is. That's why everyone needs to work together to make change happen.
Gun owners do NOT work together and that is the real issue in getting change to happen.

I was a member of one MA gun club for 24 yrs (I quit in 2000), BOD Member/Legislative Chairman for 14 of those years. The club had ~350 members, still to this day has ZERO web presence. I was criticized for actually "carrying" a gun on the property when I was there. There wasn't more than a handful of members that cared about the 2nd Amendment. In fact, the shotgunners wanted the BOD to shut down the outdoor range while they shot skeet/trap on Sunday mornings. The pistol team brought in lots of money to the club as they ran NRA registered matches 1-2x/month, so basically the pistol shooters and shotgunners ran the club. Another BOD member tried to get in an argument with me at a BOD meeting, telling everyone that I was full of shit about the problems that Ch. 180 of the Acts of 1998 made for gun owners . . . as all that he cared about was his $10K shotgun. He was controlling the club, pulling the puppet strings of the hand-chosen president when I resigned. Later he became club president for a lot of years.

That's typical of gun clubs in MA, they are various cliques/factions that only care about their part of the sport. You can be certain that the vast majority of them voted Dem at every election, without thinking about who the candidate was or what he stood for.

I haven't had any conversations with anyone like this yet, but I hope that I would restrain my baser instincts to laugh in their face....

The wife has gotten exponentially more pro-gun during this whole mess though. She got her license about 2 years ago, but doesn't even blink when I'm LARPing out in my backyard doing dryfire drills now.

Keep a straight face and tell them to call the police.

Back
Top Bottom